Canada To Let Quebec Go?

by metatron 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Satanus

What town in Quebec did you live in?

I lived in Matane for 2 years as a kid 67, 68, 69.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Montreal, as a jw for 15 yrs, and then another 15 as a nonjw.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

GO HABS!

I have a sister in Drummundville.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Habs. Yah, i know:) That's one of the cultural icons. I did get to see one game at the forum, before it was closed. Great experience. If you wanna get into more details, we can go pm.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It should also be noted for those that aren't familiar with the French/English debates, that there are about half a million (I think) Franco-Ontarians who identify as French-English but living outside Quebec. There are some regions where the French language and culture is very recognizable - I'm thinking of some of the northern towns like Sudbury, Timmins, Ottawa and there is a very high concentration of French in the Lafontaine/Penetanguishene area - French school, radio station etc. and in many homes only French is still spoken. For many French outside Quebec, the issues of separation are important to them because most have strong ties to Quebec through family, friends and history....and I should correct my spelling of tortierre...tourtierre...sorry. sammeiswife

• Satanus
    Satanus

Manitoba has a few french towns and a mix in the general population. New brunswick is officially bilingual, but, in reality is going french through the french form of agitation. Even alberta has a couple of french towns, like leduc and lac labiche.

S

• badseed
    badseed

They do have a right to protect their language and culture. To some, older generation, it was obvious that English Canada wanted to assimilate them and water down the French culture with unfair immigration laws. They wanted an English Quebec, or should I say a non French Quebec, they failed because us French can tell when someone is trying to fk with us. Too bad the younger generation doesn't see it for what it is. So now Canada has two official languages. Deal with it, the English drew first blood on this one.

I would really like to see numbers on how money is distributed across Canada. I don't think Quebec is the worst leech of the Canadian Confederacy.

The Acadians were easy prey, but not so much the Quebecois, heh

• jgnat
    jgnat

Satanus, Alberta is full of French place-names! It's part of the grand voyageur heritage.

Try phone an order to a South Carolinan, they type Grand Cash, or say Grandee Cashee),

There's Beaumont, Lac La Biche, Morinville, Grande Prairie, Grande Cache, Castor, St. Albert to name just a few.

• jgnat
  • jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit