A JW got checked in my congo

by XPeterX 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mum
    Mum

Little do they realize what an honor it is to be disgraced by those bullies.

If you've read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull," you might remember that the title character got reprimanded for exceeding the unofficial limits on how high a seagull should fly, and daring to go beyond the limiting parameters of what constituted seagull life. It would be great if you could encourage this person to read this book.

Regards,

SandraC

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

if the matter is not public knowledge, they should likely not give a marking talk. In other words, the matter is supposed to be so widely known that they NEED to give a talk (no name necessary) to alert the congregation that they are dealing with that person.

Problem is that as often as not, it's the elders who are spreading it around the congregation. So even if it wasn't widely known, it will be after the elders get involved.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@00DAD - You said:

"Sounds like someone screwed up from the platform. Wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last."

Happens fairly often actually- When I stepped down, I turned in a letter, met with the body, etc. After they were satisfied and the WTS sent a letter back approving my step down, the COBE gets up on the platform and says, "RayPublisher has been deleted."

DUH? OOPS? WHAT? The irony is that even if a person IS ACTUALLY deleted, the annoucement is always the same: "So-and-so is no longer serving as a _______".

After the meeting one of the brothers was furious, he came up to me and said "You weren't deleted YOU STEPPED DOWN!" (I had already told several friends that I was stepping down)

But once it's announced they can never go back and fix anything-- it's too late then, and they won't fix it without an act of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit