How many words have JWs redefined to fit their own doctrines and agenda?

by Amelia Ashton 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Near" as in "the new System is near ".

In relative terms the Sun is near, but you ain't never gonner get there. Same with the Paradise Earth.

• trujw
    trujw

simplified arrangment= You stupid bastards aren't giving us enough money

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

True Christians = Jehovah's Witnesses only. That is an insidious change that no outsider would know

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AA

True Christians = Jehovah's Witnesses only. That is an insidious change that no outsider would know

I feel the need to ask a question. There are many gruops out there who think they are the "true" Christians. Why would you say the JWs are different? Or, am I missing your point?

• carla
    carla

Holy Spirit

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am not saying Jehovah's Witnesses are any different to any other cult.

I am not saying they are the same either, just highlighting words we as JWs accept in a different way to any standard dictionary definition or include a meaning a non JW member would not understand it to mean.

• sir82
    sir82

"Mature" Christian = believe without question or hesitation everything that is written in the Watchtower (belief in Bible teachings is optional, so long as they do not conflict with Watchtower doctrine)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Excluding some-one is bullying but when witnesses do the exact same thing it is spiritual love WTF!

Lying bad = Theocratic Warfare good

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Honest-hearted" ...Dictionary says " True, faithful" ......J W speak = willing to change opinions to suit us, malleable

e.g " We are searching for the honest hearted in our door to door ministry"

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Meek = teachable in dubby land

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit