How many words have JWs redefined to fit their own doctrines and agenda?

by Amelia Ashton 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Agape I have grown to hate this word.

Agape ( pron.: / ' æ g ? p i? / [ 1 ] or / ? ' g ?? p e? / ; Classical Greek: ?γ?πη , agápe; Modern Greek: αγ?πη IPA: [a'?api] ) is one of the Koine Greek words translated into English as love, one which became particularly appropriated in Christian theology as the love of God or Christ for humankind. In the New Testament, it refers to the covenant love of God for humans, as well as the human reciprocal love for God; the term necessarily extends to the love of one’s fellow man. [ 2 ] Many have thought that this word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional, and thoughtfullove. [citation needed] . Although the word does not have specific religious connotation, the word has been used by a variety of contemporary and ancient sources, including Biblical authors and Christian authors. Greek philosophers at the time of Plato and other ancient authors have used forms of the word to denote love of a spouse or family, or affection for a particular activity, in contrast to Philia (an affection that could denote friendship, brotherhood or generally non-sexual affection) and eros, an affection of a sexual nature. Thomas Jay Oord has defined agape as "an intentional response to promote well-being when responding to that which has generated ill-being." [ 3 ]

It should not even be in the JW vocabulary as they do not know what love is!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The most prominent would have to be " The Truth "

" The Truth " of the bible has no similarities to the truth put forth by this religious organization/ publishing house.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Generation

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Slave, as in "the faithful and discreet slave." How did "slave" come to mean "master"?

• caliber
    caliber

"Worldly" is generally a complement. (in the world ) Materialism and ego are things that considerd to be "of the world."

"Spiritual" .. attends all meetings.. obedient to WT

"a brother" only JW's

"Independent '.... reliance on one's own will and judgement

" A Prophet.".. merely one who proclaims things already recorded

Used in a sentence.....

" Brothers we should prove to be faithful prophets proclaiming the truth from the Faithful slave not getting caught up in worldly ways

to let the independent thinking destroy our spiritual paradise". ...

evidently this generation will pass away soon .... it is just around the corner !"

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lucky is a bad word to a Jehovah's witness

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Here's my personal definition of "Agape" with regards to Jehovah's Witnesses:

agape: in a state of amazement. My mouth was agape when I discovered that the religion I was raised in was complete bullshit.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

"Evidentally"

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ BOC

Edit: I can't stop laughin'

Edit again: I'm in tears

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Too many to count and the WTBTS is helping to promote more Cult Speak everyday.

Here are a few of my favorite mind blowers in no particular order:

• Loves Jehovah - Means blindly follow instructions of all WTBTS's elders, CO's, DO's, and of course the GB.
    • Jehovah's Organization - Means a printing, propaganda distribution, and real estate holding corporation that is located in NY, USA that uses BITE control techniques to victimize its members to blindly follower its leaders.
    • The Truth - Means what every the GB wants R&F JWs to blindly believe or do without thinking for themselves.
    • Apostate - Means anyone who says anything even slightly negative about the WTBTS and its leaders - especially if it is the truth.
    • Spiritually Strong - Means brain dead JW who blindly follows instructions from WTBTS's leaders.
    • Spiritually Weak - Means awakening JW who does not blindly follow all instructions from WTBTS's Leaders.
    • Worldly - Means a person who is not a JW and therefore is a dangerous association because they might enable a JW to awaken and realize that the WTBTS is a DANGEROUS CULT!
    • Holy Spirit - Means the WTBTS's GB.
    • Faithful and Discreet Slave (FSD) - Means the WTBTS's GB.
    • Be nice to me - Means do not say anything negative about "Jehovah's Organization" (see above definition), because I am feeling cognitive dissonance and I do not want to awaken.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit