The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    God would be a man?

In this example, yes. He has all the answers. Why would anyone specifically go against that man's advice? That's my point. When you postulate an entity of which can solve any problem, you by default call that entity the King and you part of his Kingdom. You accept dominion because it's for your own good. If YOU have all the answers then YOU are God and people ask YOU the questions.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty
    if a free person chooses to be a slave of another (not be ENslaved), then whose business is that,

The business of everybody who cares about the dignity of humanity

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

When you postulate an entity of which can solve any problem, you by default call that entity the King and you part of his Kingdom.

This is an interesting line of thought. By what right would this person rule? Why would having all the answers entitle him to rule? What does having all the answers mean? Answers to what? Every question that could ever be asked? The solution to every problem?

You accept dominion because it's for your own good. If YOU have all the answers then YOU are God.

Why would it necessarily be for your own good? What if the answers are bad for you?

• tec
    tec

Literal slaves cannot choose their way out of bondage.

I would say that this would depend upon the master.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

The business of everybody who cares about the dignity of humanity

If a person is free to do as they choose... then this is one of those things that they are free to choose. Otherwise, you are the one taking their freedom. You are the one putting limits upon their freedom.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Agreed. Anyone posting here is not a slave, however.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Otherwise, you are the one taking their freedom. You are the one putting limits upon their freedom.

Nice try, but no dice. You just said the master is the one deciding whether or not they actually are a slave. You can't get it both ways. They choose but it's really the master.

• tec
    tec

Nice try, but no dice. You just said the master is the one deciding whether or not they actually are a slave. You can't get it both ways. They choose but it's really the master.

No, I did not say this. I said it depended upon the master... if he allowed one to choose their way out of bondage to him.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No, I did not say this. I said it depended upon the master... if he allowed one to choose their way out of bondage to him.

Then that person was never a slave and they aren't in bondage.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    By what right would this person rule?

They would have no innate right to rule.

Why would having all the answers entitle him to rule?

There would be no entitlement because that would imply a default position. This kingship would be determined by the evidence that the king knows best while no one else does.

Answers to what?

The problems.

Why would it necessarily be for your own good? What if the answers are bad for you?

Any answer would require adequate explanation (no secrets). If the answer was bad for the person asking then that person would be adequately informed as to why it's the best course of action despite the negative effects.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit