Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I never get a flu shot simply because I'm only one stomach flu away from my ideal body weight.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

it has nothing to do with bullying or being right. People in this thread are saying things that are 100% incorrect and refuse to listen to logic and fact. If people are going to say dumb things I'm sure as hell going to call them out on it.

• tec
    tec

What has been said that is 100% incorrect?

Peace,

tammy

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Try reading the thread. it's pretty obvious.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

People saying they "KNOW" something while simply thinking it to be true would be one example, Tec.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Because I enjoy banging my head against a wall, here's a few examples off the top of my head:

-The flu shot gives you the flu

-Vitamin C cures/prevents the flu

-Spicy foods prevent the flu

-The government may be putting population control drugs in the flu shot, or may in the future.

• tec
    tec

Why do you sound so annoyed? Counter what you see as a false claim with a fact, and back it up... then leave people will draw their own conclusions on it.

Here is a link from the cdc, that also states that the flu (injection) cannot give you the flu. It does go on to list some people reporting reactions that include a couple of days of body aches and fever (which many would consider to be flu-like symptoms). As to the rest of the advice given about researching things for oneself, including always finding and reading the fine print... this is GOOD advice.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm

Anecdotal evidence might not be 100% reliable, but it is worth taking into consideration when examining all the evidence.

The stats that Caliber listed are important as well, in keeping things on a more realistic level. Now, you can expand those numbers to include millions of people, and they'll seem more significant. But it is still nice to have the actual stats, rather than stats that make something look better than what it is.

Peace,

tammy

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Several people in this thread have already provided evidence to prove those claims false. Sorry if you're not able to read and understand the whole thread. I am annoyed. Annoyed at how dense a lot of people choose to be. I'm not a doctor but it's not incredibly hard to do research on this stuff. I think a lot of people would actually prefer to live back in the dark ages when there was no such thing as science and medicine.

BTW anecdotal evidence is pretty worthless.

• tec
    tec

All you sound is defensive that people are questioning the medical profession.

There have been people in here giving their anecdotal evidence as to how effective the flu shot was FOR them, as well.

There are also links to various places that people can find information.

All in all, people will do what they choose with that information. But it is good to have it, and to double check the sources (read the fine print) I already stated what I do in regard to the flu shot.

Peace,

tammy

• xchange
    xchange

Anecdotal evidence might not be 100% reliable, but it is worth taking into consideration when examining all the evidence.

The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes . Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases. [1] [2] Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a claim; it is accepted only in lieu of more solid evidence. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims. - Wikipedia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit