Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The swine flu (H1N1) in general is linked to narcolepsy and encephalitis.

There was a large outbreak of narcolepsy following the 1918 swine flu pandemic, and researching it gave rise to the modern field of neurology.

http://www.mollycrosby.com/book_asleep.html

In this extraordinary book, the author of The American Plague tells the story of a sleeping sickness epidemic that has been largely forgotten in the shadow of the Spanish Flu that accompanied it. Set in fascinating 1920s and 30s New York, it follows a group of physicians through hospitals and insane asylums as they try to solve a worldwide pandemic. With symptoms ranging from Parkinson’s to violent insanity, it would also become a catalyst for the advancement of an entire field of medical study: neurology.

To this day, doctors do not know what caused the pandemic of encephalitis lethargica—literally, “the encephalitis that makes you sleepy.” They do know, however, that cases still occur today, and an epidemic is likely to re-emerge in the wake of the next flu pandemic. Asleep takes the reader into the frightening history of this mysterious disease—and the fight to conquer it before it strikes again

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Barrold - get a grip.

My point was not name dropping Dr Oz - and again, I could care less who you read, listen to or learn from because it doesn't matter to me.

What it makes you appear to be, is someone less interested in varying opinions and more interested in only name dropping anyone saying anything that you deem absolute in your world.

My point about Dr Oz was in that he had THREE different sources on his show in order to provide THREE opinions. One of them was from the CDC. If you care to object to the spokesperson for that organization because he is tainted by Dr Oz, then who are you willing to listen to? Oh wait - the next buy was a researcher for John Hopkins..so you don't like his opinion either because he was on Dr Oz? Pulleez. Get a grip. sammieswife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit