Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

no longer get flu shots:

- not after having done so during the four years 1997- 2001 (when my then employer used to provide flu shots to any members of the work force who wished to receive these).

During those four years, I have never been so sick in my life, before or since ~~~Bungi Bill

Getting the flu shot will not make you sick for 4 years ~~~Barrold bonds

Call me stupid but I think the above poster means he has been sick in each of the four years in question not for four years solid, the years

they took the shots

Is this true or false ?

It does go on to list some people reporting reactions that include a couple of days of body aches and fever (which many would consider to be flu-like symptoms)

Is this true or false ?

The fact that so many say they DID get the flu just after getting the shot seems to indicate that one CAN. Maybe it's a different strain; maybe the shot triggers something dormant... but I have learned that when dealing with the medical industry, it's really not very prudent to say what will/will not occur or is/is not. ~~ Aguest

Are we to believe the the producers of the shots know everything... have studied everything... that because you don't know something it can't hurt you ?.. that a person would be so stupid as to take another shot after an adverse reaction ... that you might want to pass on a word of caution for others ?

I school of hard knocks teaches you that noone cares about you like yourself...

featuredImage

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Barrold,

Not sure which is worse; ignorance or arrogance.

The flu shots are not 100% effective. Modern medicine is not 100% effective. It is not guaranteed that if you get a flu shot you won't get the flu. We are told, even by the media that one must be their own health advocate. There are some wonderful doctors, yet there are also some quacks out there.

Each individual has the right to make up their own mind regarding treatment. For me, that means taking into consideration my own 60 years of experience with my own body, as well as the information available to me. Having weighed all that, I will not be having a flu shot. I would not presume to pressure anyone else to do as I do.

There are those for whom having a flu shot is the right decision.

It is not as clear cut as you present it.

Suggestion.... let's check back on this thread after the flu season is over...and see who on this thread got the flu.

Coffee

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There is nothing wrong with questioning your doctor or medicine, it's dishonest to frame the discussion that way.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

who said there is anything wrong with questioning your dr.or medicine? I must have missed that.

Coffee

• tec
    tec

Suggestion.... let's check back on this thread after the flu season is over...and see who on this thread got the flu.

Oh no... irony makes me feel as though I'm gonna get the flu now, lol.

Peace,

tammy

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Lol Tec,

It would be anecdotal anyway because it would not be part of a larger blind study. I think it would be interesting though.... providing everyone is honest about it.

Coffee

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

SUCKERS! I already HAD the flu last month.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Lol EP!!

But did you have a flu shot??

Coffee

• tec
    tec

Oh, that sucks, EP.

As a waitress, I was always high risk to get the flu (of some strain or another), but I only ever got it once. And that was one of those 3 day flus.

Peace,

tammy

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Coffee Black posted:

Barrold,

Not sure which is worse; ignorance or arrogance.

The flu shots are not 100% effective. Modern medicine is not 100% effective. It is not guaranteed that if you get a flu shot you won't get the flu. We are told, even by the media that one must be their own health advocate. There are some wonderful doctors, yet there are also some quacks out there.

Did you even bother reading the thread or my posts? I myself stated that it is possible to get the flu despite having the flu shot. What I have said repeatedly is that the flu shot cannot give you the flu. There's a huge difference between the two things. Yeah you should be your own health advocate but that's dangerous if it is done out of ignorance (ie a ton of people in this thread).

I'd rather be arrogant than stupid any day of the week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit