GENESIS- Adam, Eve, Noah, etc. and Original Sin

by Band on the Run 133 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The excellent Foundation series was also not plausible science, although some elements of it were based on plausible science. Things like psychohistory, the Mule and the Second Foundation are not based on any science other that "Isaac Asimov needed a plot device".

• bohm
    bohm

haha, he was one of the greatest writers of all time, his characters just happened to be so uninteresting even writers of actions movies found them somewhat shallow.

you need to read some asimov!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

All in all you need to consult science on your major story elements or else you are not going to sell many books in the genre. Which is what it's all about in the end.

Good science fiction is rarely about science.

• jgnat
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh yeah, Ringworld is amazing.

Also, the Ender series by Orson Scott Card.

• bohm
    bohm

I want to suggest "The system of the world" and "The diamond age" both by Neal Stephenson.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

why are publushers the devil?

• cofty
    cofty

There used to be this radio show called "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Gallaxy." The story was turned into a book series by Douglas Adams - Sab

The radio show was based on Douglas Adams' books not the other way round.

Adams also gave us the memorable quote.. " Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

My favorite quote from Adams is 42.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Cofty, I am pretty sure the radio show was first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit