Dreaming about JW's

by d 14 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Lately I have been dreaming a lot about old Jw's I used to know and be friends with. I have been out since 2008 but yet I think often of those I liked a lot at the Kingdom hall. I do not get it why do these still thoughts still come? I see some old Jw's I used to know and see them aging it is so sad to see. I mean I grew up with these people and to see the children all grown up and the adults getting more gray hair as time passes. it is truly a love hate thing becuase I want to want to tell these people they are being lied to. But I feel that my words will only fall on deaf ears.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But I feel that my words will only fall on deaf ears.

That is unless the Elders hear that you're spreading apostate ideas. Then they'll form the 3-member death squad.

Doc

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Hello D, I have been out since 2004 and have these dreams also. The dreams usually are about my adult children. It's funny you should bring this topic up because I had one of those dreams last night about a couple who were best friends with my ex and myself. It's always the same, I am trying to show them the fallacies of Wt. teaching using their own literature but they just won't listen. I wake up frustrated. Leslie

• trujw
    trujw

I just posted the same thing. I wake up all the time thinking jw stuff. I really believe we all have a form of PTSD from this cult

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I have JW dreams all the time, usually I'm at an assembly and I desperately want to get out.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Ah. I've been having recurring dreams of this sort, as well. Not all that often, but when it happens, I have that same horrible feeling of being trapped in it again. Either that, or I'm arguing with someone about the doctrine and getting really p.o.'d.

I guess the programming is such that our subconscious is still struggling with it on some level, or still fighting it on some level. I don't know. I'd rather have dreams about anything else, anything at all. But at least it's not as bad as it used to be.

--sd-7

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think every single JW dream I have involves an assembly.

• d
    d

I think we all have to slowly purge the Jw's out of our syestem.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that I am past the dreaming stage now.....although you never know when a flashback may occur!

My worst J W dream/nightmare was when I was still well and truly "in"......I dreamed that I was in the New World.. the world was at peace, we were fit and healthy, everything was there but I was assigned to work on the land in the blistering sun and heat, my hands, my back, my knees cried out for a rest but the overseers stood guard and made sure that we did not stop.

I awoke in a funk . How glad was I that it was only a dream and I could go to work in the office tomorrow, at my desk near the coffee machine?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Funny you should say this...................... havin' VERY REAL and Vivid dreams of the Old days.....

And those who were so close 2 me..........

Still Hurts LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit