How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Deputy Dog, you can start your car without an intervening prayer. We can say Christ was involved but in truth it works with or without Christ.

Just because some mystery remains around brain function does not mean we must fill the gap with Christ.

Logic is a constructed language that we can learn. It has rules of use. Follow the rules, and you get consistent answers. Humankind created the language of logic.

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_bolinsky_animates_a_cell.html

• bohm
    bohm

bohm

I just had a revelation, dd has brain damage, the only way he can know the truth is by asking me. Dd, can you proove you dont have brain damage? Dont think so! Ergo i win, and there is no god

dd: LOL!

When I asked the question about logic, people reacted as if I doubted the existence of logic. OK, just for the record I don’t doubt logics exists, and never did. I’m asking the philosophical question, about HOW you KNOW logic exists. When I asked the question about proving it exists, everyone jump on me giving me examples of how it was applied. Logic has no mass or energy, yet, we all assume it’s there, but, no thought as to where it came from. Did logic exist before the big bang?

dd: Yes, yes, i would very much like to have this discussion and offer you a proof logic exist!

The issue is that before we have this discussion, you must proove you are thinking in a reliable way. I claim you have a very serious brain damage which does not allow you assimilate basic facts about the world, hereunder you have a very serious brain damage, as well as any arguments logic exist. You might also be under the delusion i am playing a very stupid and silly game with you, by asking a very stupid and silly question again and again to which be both really know the answer.

Anyway, over to you, can you proove to me you are thinking in a reliable way?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes, I account for logic as being created by Christ, you may not like it or agree, but, how does the atheist account for it? From what I've seen on this thread atheist don't account for it at all.

Part of logic is simply recognizing nature around us, like if you have one thing and another thing, that always adds up to two things. Other type of logic, like a logical Boolean XOR gate, was created by humans. No Christ necessary.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Logic tells me that it is foolish to keep having the same discussion with believers and expect a different result or outcome.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Glad, it's not expecting a different outcome. I think of it more for the benefit of those who are lurking or questioning to see both sides rather so they can make an informed decision.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It seems entirely possible that you are a wise man.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I dunno, I did read one of the Twilight books.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Logic tells me that it is foolish to keep having the same discussion with believers and expect a different result or outcome."

Isn't that close to a definition of insanity?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

You may very well think so but I couldn't possiblt comment. Insanity exists only in the mind.

• bohm
    bohm

Ep: have you tried to discuss with a presuppositionalist before? Any explanation will give the same question, namely how you can proove it without logic (and damn how you even ask the question without asuming for instance the law of exclusion). Their argument is inherently circular, as they will gladly say, but that is held as a strength.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit