Hi I am new. Thanks for the food at the proper time.

by 2+2=5 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

Welcome as well. Sorry, I have no computer graphics skills. I can do this:

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome 5! (Yeah, I just went right to the answer there)

Apostates are funny?? The society never told me that! I thought you were all mentally diseased!

Yeah... mental diseases can do that to ya.

I'm 49... I've heard about the imminent coming of Armageddon my whole life. 'Soon' is just another mechanism to keep people in. If I said to you that I was coming to your house 'soon' and 49 years past and I never showed up, would you think I was coming soon?

Nyah-uh.

And STILL... Armageddon Has Not Arrived.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    2+2=5 - "I have never believed that the UN will turn on Religon."

Surprising what you conclude just from a little outside reading on a given subject.

I figured out a long time ago that the UN Security Council is virtually powerless; they can't even enforce resolutions that protect religious freedoms, let alone marshal a global campaign to suppress it.

Ol' Freddy Franz had married 19th Century Millerite dispensationalism with 20th Century American Right-Wing conspiracy theory.

Still makes me shake my head when I picture the guy's twilight years, shuffling around Bethel in Herb Tarleck jacket and talking to his shoes; this was the WTS' eschatological guru???

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Welcome!

Have a cold one in honor of your awakeninig .

-Yan

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Welcome. And thanks. :)

Hey Smiddy I am a fellow QLDer.

I'm also in QLD. Except I can't update my location on the forum. :/

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome to ttatt, enjoy the ride and light relief.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome friend! So you have mentally walked away but have to be 'present' for a while longer. I was 'out' two or three years before I was out. The blood issue was the thread that unraveled the whole deal for me. This was back in the 1960's and medicine wasn't what it is today. I figured if Jesus couldn't be bothered to mention it then it wasn't necessary to sacrifice anyone in my family for.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, 2+2=5. I like you right off. It is heartwarming to find out that the mental twisting that the odd apologist goes through in defence of his/her faith is pretty darn transparent. May they keep bashing their head against that virtual wall. (Wow, wicked metaphor mixing)

I find it interesting that you are fully "mentally out" while physically still "in". As the wife of a JW, I've developed my own tips, tricks, and psychological armor. I am curious what you might teach me.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Welcome, 5. I think my husband and you would get along brilliantly. Initially I thought there was another Orwell fan on here - I just recently reread 1984 and was totally creeped out at how exactly it parallelled JWs. ANYWAY...

Reading an alternate explanation of Daniel's King of the North / King of the South prophecy ... on a smartphone at a DC up in the rafters no less (hehehe) ... was a big step for us. 607 was another one. I remember in a religion class in college vocally answering the professor's question, "When was Jerusalem destroyed?" with a confident, proud, "607!!" That was my introduction to the controversy there. :-) The dating of everything - 607, 587, 1914 was a big part of our initial "wake up" call.

Revelation - A Grand Speculation at Hand! - LOL. Yes, most of that stuff is complete and utter self-promoting garbage.

Continue to bring your sense of humor to the ranks of apostasy!

GSD

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

cool name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit