Does the Bible contradict itself?

by exwhyzee 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

This thread could come in really handy some day!

• John Kesler
    John Kesler

A contradiction that you may not have seen before concerns who made the ark. Was it Bezalel or Moses?

Bezalel:

Exodus 35:30-33; 36:1-2; 37:1-2
    30 Then Moses said to the Israelites: See, Yahweh has called by name Bezalel son of Uri son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; 31 he has filled him with divine spirit, with skill, intelligence, and knowledge in every kind of craft, 32 to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze, 33 in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, in every kind of craft...Bezalel and Oholiab and everyone skilful to whom Yahweh has given skill and understanding to know how to do any work in the construction of the sanctuary shall work in accordance with all that Yahweh has commanded. 2 Moses then called Bezalel and Oholiab and everyone skilful to whom Yahweh had given skill, everyone whose heart was stirred to come to do the work...Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood; it was two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. 2 He overlaid it with pure gold inside and outside, and made a moulding of gold round it.

Moses:

Deuteronomy 10:1-5
    10:1 At that time Yahweh said to me [Moses], ‘Carve out two tablets of stone like the former ones, and come up to me on the mountain, and make an ark of wood. 2 I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets, which you smashed, and you shall put them in the ark.’ 3 So I made an ark of acacia wood, cut two tablets of stone like the former ones, and went up the mountain with the two tablets in my hand. 4 Then he wrote on the tablets the same words as before, the ten commandments, that Yahweh had spoken to you on the mountain out of the fire on the day of the assembly; and Yahweh gave them to me. 5 So I turned and came down from the mountain, and put the tablets in the ark that I had made; and there they are, as Yahweh commanded me.

Tha contradiction is so apparent, in fact, that the 11th-century French rabbi Shlomo Yitzhaki, better known as Rashi, posited that the Deuteronomy-10 ark was a separate ark from that made by Bezalel!

• metatron
    metatron

Here's one: the subject of divination.

While divination is condemned in the Law, it's still used, again and again. All Divine messages received by dreams are divination, by definition. Judas's replacement was chosen by lots. Even Proverbs sez 'into the lap the lot is cast but every decision by it is from Jehovah'

Why wouldn't God only speak to people directly and 'get it right' ? Why does he like dreams and dice?

metatron

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

Marked

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think showing obvious contradictions will wake some up, there also many geographical errors in the gospels concerning where Jesus travel to and from as well as where he was from. I'm personally thinking it maybe easier to get to someone and wake them up this way over attacking the religion. They have been conditioned to guard against that but an attack or should I say a discussion concerning the bible's validity they may not even see coming because they all just assume its gods word. So someone maybe able to get in some good points before the walls go up. I'm not sure anyone tried this approach?

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

With imperfect men you get some imperfect conclusions.

Holy spirit is suppose to be a rememberancer- holy spirit help what's there in memory based on what Jesus said. No one said that the bible would be or should be perfect.

The bible was written in the way it assumes we already know stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit