Is this a new low?

by Darth Eowyn 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jeff T nailed it

• Think About It
    Think About It

The JW field service low is discussing which worldies houses they are going to get after Armageddon.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox,

Yep, I even picked out a house I wanted while in fieldservice

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"They are scavengers."

Excuse a never-was dub (and an atheist) saying this, but in my experience they (dubs, and other cults/denominations/religions) do this all the time. They prey on the (sometimes temporarily) weak, depressed and afflicted, often when the defences are down and any 'comfort' or 'friend' is welcome.

Fine to be a 'friend in need': despicable, in my opinion, to take that opportunity to 'push' (ihe same way a drugs dealer might) religion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's how they roll; like buzzards flocked in a car group

They even stand on street corners . And you know that don't look proper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Bad as this is, it is nothing new. Nor is it their worst--they did the same thing after 9/11/2001 after planes were flown into the World Trade Center. They do this in war zones where bombs slaughter civilians including children. Whatever disaster they can invent, the witlesses will use it for their own ends.

Yet, they never come up with anything positive. When is the last time they use something like material abundance, real peace and security, and happiness to get people in? Such as, perhaps celebrating the many facets of Christmas (including the ones where people are supposed to enjoy their blessings and share them in the form of presents) and showing people what a joyous thing they have. But no, they rely on disasters and tragedies to get people into the cancer.

• trillaz
    trillaz

It's like Christmas-time for JWs. They are all excited at this bad new so they can share their version of the good news

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "If they try that on me I'm going to ask them how many kids their god is going to kill at Armageddon. "

What Jeff T said, on page #1.

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's like Christmas-time for JWs. They are all excited at this bad new so they can share their version of the good news_____Trillaz

"Why do the witnesses call repeatedly even at homes of people who do not share their faith ?

Serious problems in life may stimulate an awareness of spiritual need "_________Reasoning book pge 206

• Ding
    Ding

Every tragedy -- natural or man-made -- is a springboard for the WT's "last days" approach...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit