Westboro Baptists to Picket Sandy Hook - This is why I hate religion

by cantleave 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmm...

Low-Key, if that's true...

Maybe the way to pull the Westboro Baptist Church's fangs would be to sic the IRS on them???

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The IRS should be sic'd on ANY church or tax-exempt religious institution that tries to push political agendas.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Exactly right, Low-Key.

• ziddina
    ziddina

It would appear that a legislative solution might be the way to go...

Bet you my bottom dollar; if or better yet, WHEN the American government tightens up the definition of "religious organization", the Watchtower lawyers will be at the head of the line, screaming "Persecution!!"

• poppers
    poppers

Well said, Low-Key. However, I do think they believe what they are saying. They have taken their fundamentalist beliefs and their knowledge of how to exploit the law to make money. They are not stupid.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I doubt it, poppers. The vitriol they spout is, at its base level, very stupid. They are not stupid. They are trying to push buttons.

• kurtbethel
  • finally awake
    finally awake

I can't imagine one single rational person who would mourn the loss of the entire Westboro group.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Low-Key - I think you bring up an interesting perspective. I'm curious if it can be substantiated. I've watched several documentaries on this group and I'm really puzzled. On one hand they sound like JWs taken to the extreme. But I don't get the picketing part. However, the fact that they are all lawyers does make me suspicious. Have you any evidence?

• Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit