Friends of Bill W. W Must Stand for WTF?

by Malsonilla 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Let's stay on track, please? Thanks.

Sure sport. We can do that. Whatever that is

• caliber
    caliber

Would this work for you.. to look to something of greater value than "only self" but without it having it to be God ?

I place spirit of life and a deep faith in the value of connecting and sharing with others” above any sort of supernatural deity

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2011/08/28/an-atheist-goes-through-alcoholics-anonymous/

Cheers !

• JeffT
    JeffT

Full disclosure: I've been in AA since 2005. It quite literally saved my life, my marriage, and my relationship with my parents, brother and sister.

1) Most of us who came to AA on our own don't have a lot of use for those that are only there because the court ordered them there. They don't want to get sober, they want to get out of trouble. AA does not have any control over what judges do with defendents, nor do we solicate judicial intervention.

2) There are atheist AA groups.

3) Why do you care? Nobody makes you go to AA, nobody makes you talk to people who go to AA.

Would you feel better if we all quit going to meetings and you met us on the wrong side of the road instead?

• jgnat
    jgnat

My psychologist friend lamented that there is no alternative to AA. It works for most, but not all. I think my dad abused alcohol, but he was not an alchoholic. When his new wife read him the riot act, he stopped, without the help of a support group. He would still have a beer on occassion, but always under control.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

3) Why do you care? Nobody makes you go to AA, nobody makes you talk to people who go to AA.

Thank you JeffT. Keep coming back

• Malsonilla
    Malsonilla

So, nobody wants to touch the "HIGHER POWER" teaching of the Alcoholics Anonymous cult?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I addressed it. You can believe anythng you want, or nothing.

Or in your case you can choose not to get your panties in a knot over something you have no invovlement with.

• designs
    designs

I went to AA and NA for several years and helped some friends and parolees through the programs. I found my imagine of the Higher Power changed over time from being Bible based to atheist based over the past 12 years.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

AA cult? Wow. A hater of recovery

• designs
    designs

Maybe they prefer blackouts....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit