Jehovah's Witnesses View of Jesus Compared to the Early Church

by cofty 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I totally agree. Yeah, if I went into a KH and said half of those things the elders would be pulling me in the back and asking what church I had been attending.

• baker
    baker

John 20:28 when Thomas said to Jesus, My Lord and My God, The Washtower wants you to think he is swearing, but just one of many examples where they have to ask you to remove your thinking cap. Jesus was Thomas,s God.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The tetragrammaton does not appear in the Kingdom Interlinear the word for word translation of the Cchristian Greek Scriptures published by the WTB&TS

Therefore the name Jehovah should not appear in the New Testament (NWT)

In the same publication at John 1:1 the word for word translation says," In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God"

As you point out their are heaps of scriptures of Christians witnessing to ,for,or about Jesus Christ..( approx.30 ?)

Their is not one that I know of that says Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah.,not one.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks. I think this approach can be useful.

Personally I would completely avoid verses like John 20:28 and John 1:1. JWs have heard them many times and they have automatic responses to them. Don't try to prove that Jesus was god or go anywhere near the trinity dogma you will end up in a pointless battle of proof-texting.

You can allow them to assume that Jesus was created and subordinate to God and even that the NWT is a perfect translation. That is a lot of common ground to start from.

The OP builds a case for proving that the way JWs relate to Jesus is very different from the early church. That should give an honest JW cause for concern.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Damn, the things most don't notice while in. I'll save this in my folder of links to great points that destroy the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses just in case I need them. Stuff like this is gold to those that move on and don't really care about the bible anymore because I wouldn't do the research to compose something like this anymore. Nice work!

• freddo
    freddo

Bumped this thread! Because it's brilliant.

Thanks to Cofty.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah's Witnesses are witnesses for the Watchtower Corporation an enacted exploitation of the first century preachers of the Gospel.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Glad this thread was refreshed.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Vanderhoven, it was information like this that got me to research properly shortly after I first left the JW Org.

That research enabled me to expunge every element of JWism.

It made me truly free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit