If you use two spaces between sentences . . .

by compound complex 33 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I learned to type on an IBM in the 80's. It's automatic for me. I don't even know if I could stop. It would be very difficult at first.

• jgnat
    jgnat

More pet peeves for me? Hard returns to force a page break and spaces instead of indent. These mess up as soon as more changes are made to the document. I've cleaned up messy documents by doing an advanced search-and-replace, double returns to a single until I catch them all, and the same for spaces, double spaces replaced by a single until they are all caught.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Typists:

I didn't realize that this thread was still active! Thanks for your very helpful, first-hand information.

CoCo ne connait pas la machine a ecrire

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's funny that this thread has gone to two pages. I relearned the two-space/one-space thing and now always put only one space at the end of a sentence. But I still think it looks better with two spaces. I know that using two spaces in Word and other programs like that can throw an extra space at the beginning of a line, and I was getting corrected by editors about it, so I adapted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit