Need Advice. Quick.

by AwSnap 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I apologize for being absent for so long. I've got a jw at my house right now (unexpectedly) who is talking to my husband. He keeps on bringing up that only jw's have universal love....that if you go anywhere in the world, you can mention you're a witness & you'll automatically be welcomed and accepted by fellow jw's. He's saying you cannot find that with any other group.

Help please! Im actually pretending to cook in the kitchen because I had no idea this conversation was going to happen (neither did the hubby). I probably will not chime in tonight, as I am not mentally prepared to argue with the million false things I've heard so far already in the last hour.

My husband said there are groups that show universal love, but he can't come up with an answer since this conversation was unexpected.

• cofty
    cofty

Mormons would say the same. So would Muslims and Orthodox Jews.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Love bombing is a tactic often employed by cults (or any religious, political or other group of like-minded individuals who may not have a mainstream belief system) as a way of luring prospective members. Current members typically "love bomb" potential or desired new recruits by showering them with affection, praise, and offers of friendship. Cult awareness experts warn that this seemingly kind and welcoming practice is often the first step in a mind control ("brainwashing") process that leads to religious conversion or involvement with a group that may be harmful to its membership or to society. While most people can discern such cynical ploys from honest offers of fellowship, anyone caught at a vulnerable time in his or her life (following a divorce, death, loss of job or any major life change) or suffering from insecurities could fall under the spell of a charismatic leader and the true believers who inevitably surround such a person.

The members, not knowing they are in a cult, can also love bomb new people who are Witnesses also, to convince them this is a great congregation.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Can you ask him why they call it "universal love" if the love is exclusive to those who are JWs?

Wouldn't that be JW love?

What charity work do they do for others? Anything along the lines of Clothing/Feeding/Helping the Homeless?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Personally, I'd rather stay neutral (like Switzerland) so that I can extend love to those inside AND outside of the organizations I belong to.

• Pterist
    Pterist

I lived in Autralia for 6 months, I received a warm welcome form both JWs and SDAs ......

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

The Mormons take care of thier elderly financially. JW's, not so much. JW's show love to people that are new to the congregation and who are studying. Some congregations are warmer than others. Some actually are very loving, others are cold as ice. None of them are loving at all if you don't agree that the GB is God's sole channel of communication to all mankind. If you research the background of their teachings and have a honest disagreement based on FACTS, try bringing that up and find out how loved you really are.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Bikers are also a great community.

• Pterist
    Pterist

The bigger question is WHY we love !

Is it mandated by a cult !

Is it the result of the gift of the Holy Spirit...!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

That universal love turns into universal hate if you admit to disagreeing with the WT on anything. Reminds me of 2 Tim 3 regarding men being unreasonable and unable to come to any agreement.

Also, why isnt that universal love extended to nonJWs? Even when a JW does something honorable on behalf of a nonJW, often its done to make a witness rather than out of principle.

Where in the Bible does it explicitely state one has to be a JW or part of the WT's organization to gain salvation? There is no organization in the Bible. Jesus said wherever there was two or more in his name, he'd be with them. Did the Ethiopian Eunuch remain within the same organization as Philip?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit