Why doesn't the faithful & discreet slave declare their identity outside of the JW community?

by Theocratic Sedition 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Certainly the identity of God's chosen messenger is bigger than any other current news, right? I'm not saying J.R. needs to do a press conference, but at the least they could publish it in their public literature. Why keep it a big secret? If you just figured out that you're God's chosen spokesman, why only keep that between you and your pew? Why the bait & switch method on the unsuspecting newcomer? Why not just lay it out there?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Because that is part of their "inner" beliefs that would SCREAM "CULT!!!!" to outsiders. As Londo111 and others have brought out, there are usually 2 doctrines in cults. The "outer" one, which is palatable to outsiders and easy to accept. And the "inner" one, which only insiders are privy to. Mormons do much of the same as the Watchtower does. Their "outer" doctrine is all about love and family. But once you get into it, you find out all the strange doctrines about becoming God's, God's residing on a planet, wearing the special underwear, baptizing the dead, etc...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They really are masters of deception, aren't they? Consider those who say they speak for God, you have your Jim Jones, David Koresh, dare i mention Charles Manson?

Blurting it out in public means that you have to back your shit up with some game.

Instead, they hide out in their Brooklyn penthouses, have their minions do all the writing. Meet on Wednesday, and *gasp* sometimes past 5 PM!

Other than that, its world travel!

Cult leaders never had it so good.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm not saying J.R. needs to do a press conference,
    but at the least they could publish it in their public literature. Why keep it a big secret?.....Miz

That would go against Decades of WBT$ Publicity..

JW`s Don`t follow Men or have a Leader..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Great point Miz

Siam

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I like that. . . Excellent point to use with my wife next time it comes up.

Come on guys! Don't put your light under a basket!

• Listener
    Listener

It is not even on their own website.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Interesting point, Listener! If it's the MOST important scripture in JW theology (Matthew 24:45-47), then why do they hide it from their website? Maybe because it would scream "CULT!!!!!" to any sane person?

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

As an outsider, the term is really silly, my "bible study conductor" never had the nerve to say that phrase.. It's wierd..

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

KristiKay, do you still study with that person? It'd be interesting to ask them WHO the Faithful Slave is, and see if it matches this "new light".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit