JAN 2013 SHUNNING ARTICLE COULD MEAN JWS NOT AS OBEDIENT

by steve2 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

I said that on that original thread. I have found many jws are willing to hide their association with df'd family members, including elders. I saw one rideshare with his df'd son everyday to work. Another went to another state and stayed for several months with their df'd daughter. Another had his df'd son act as their medical support. When I mentioned it to the COBOE he got a little hot and quoted the "necessary family business" clause and told me essentially to butt out of elder business. Rank and file jws see this and monkey see, monkey do. Nothing happens to the elders so they use that as a bargaining chip. I can mention 15 other elders that regularly behind the scene associate with df'd family.

It's like the scripture in Ezekiel, JEHOVAH HAS LEFT THE LAND AND HE IS NOT SEEING.

(Ezekiel 9:9) . . .So he said to me: “The error of the house of Israel and Judah is very, very great, and the land is filled with bloodshed and the city is full of crookedness; for they have said, ‘Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing.

(Ezekiel 8:7-12) . . .Accordingly he brought me to the entrance of the courtyard, and I began to see, and, look! a certain hole in the wall. 8 He now said to me: “Son of man, bore, please, through the wall.” And I gradually bored through the wall, and, look! there was a certain entrance. 9 And he further said to me: “Go in and see the bad detestable things that they are doing here.” 10 So I went in and began to see, and, look! there was every representation of creeping things and loathsome beasts, and all the dungy idols of the house of Israel, the carving being upon the wall all round about. 11 And seventy men of the elderly ones of the house of Israel, with Ja·az·a·ni′ah the son of Sha′phan standing in among them, were standing before them, each one with his censer in his hand, and the perfume of the cloud of the incense was ascending. 12 And he proceeded to say to me: “Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, ‘Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land.’”

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Some JWs practice strict shunning. Others do not.

• flipper
    flipper

STEVE 2 - Well yeah, exactly like you say . The WT society leaders ALWAYS get paranoid when JW's don't follow their advice, direct commands, suggestions, or whatever. Then they write articles on the problem trying to stem the tide of " disobedience ". That being said- the WT society although not getting any stricter IS amping up their control tactics , especially on elders to tow the line and be more compliant regarding the legal authority of WT legal and attorneys. That has been shown in the recent threads of how elders are not allowed to determine in each case if a JW child molester is a " predator " - because only WT legal or WT leaders at Bethel are allowed to detrmine that - although they are 3,000 miles from the predator. WT society is amping up it's hardline authority and control because they are worried too much independence among elders using their own minds will infiltrate into rank & file members - thus resulting in a rebellion of sorts all the way down to the lowest publisher. And WT leaders won't tolerate that as they are cult leaders

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Not only are dubs for some part, not listening. But in other cultures, the family bond is everything. I mentioned on a previous post that my wife heard time and again in the spanish congregation, that although df'd, your children are your children. I'll be honest with you, myself, a Mexican. I pity the fool who tried to get between my parents and I. Big scary aloof guy in the heavens or not. It ain't gonna happen.

The GB are older white men in America. Most without children. They care little of the cultural differances of the rest of the planet. They can write all the articles they want and they are not going to extinguish 1000's of years of tradition in the family arrangement.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened?, suddenly I wish I was Mexican!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Lol. good morning 00DAD.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

they don't want any JW in contact with any DF or DA person in fear of their listening to the truth about the truth.

Exactly. They are doing everything they can to control the flow of negative information about The Truth.

Unfortunately for them, this is "The Information Age".

Perhaps they have forgotten the prophesy: "knowledge will become abudant", as well as the fact that they don't get to pick and choose the knowledge.

Doc

• Eustace
    Eustace

It's hard to stifle the yawns. You mean, that's it?!

You gotta admit it's pretty cruel and weird what they're saying. Will they ever get tired of breaking up families and then lying about it to the public?

Indeed, I get the distinct impression that the articles are desperately trying to whip up more compliance with the act of shunning because families - and especially individuals in those families - are choosing to continue associating with disfellowshipped JWs.

Hope you're right but there's no way to know. Maybe the rank and file are getting more reasonable on average, but another explanation is that the gb is getting more insane and controlling.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This is one of the clearest proofs they are just another false religion, like all the others are. He who does not provide for his family is worse than a person without faith, the scripture says - that must include the physical and emotional. Love amongst themselves is a sign of the true religion which clearly the JW's are not demonstrating. Even wicked persons don't shun their own. Jesus said to forgive 77 times and that love covers a multitude of sins. Loving persons who have stumbled out of the organisation is the real test of true Christianity, not shunning them. Its easy to have a 'spiritual paradise' when you kick all the sinners out.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The GB are older white men in America. Most without children. They care little of the cultural differances of the rest of the planet. They can write all the articles they want and they are not going to extinguish 1000's of years of tradition in the family arrangement." Wha Happened

In aces and spades, man, in aces and spades.

Yet another example of how out-of-touch with reality the Gov.Bod members are...

The better to sink them with their ignorance!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit