2012 annual meeting notes

by lostinthought 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Eustace
    Eustace

Cue... Re-write baptismal questions to include oath to GB. "On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to the Governing Body to do its will? Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with the Governing Body's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    St George - "Cue... Re-write baptismal questions to include oath to GB."

Well, I certainly can't imagine a more obvious sign of desperation.

In Crisis of Concience, Ray Franz mentioning something like a "loyalty oath" being suggested back in the 70s. I remember thinking as I was reading, "Guys, that's what the f**king Nazis did. You really wanna go down that road?"

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're dusting off that playbook now, though.

• perfect1
    perfect1

THRONES! come on guys! Seriously! Am I the only one whos excited about the throne thing!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hah!

GB2.0 is playing their own Game of Thrones.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "...the next step will be to say that the count of "144,000" only applies to the top-ranking dudes, and the rest of the "anointed", while a minority of JWs, are an unnumbered 'little flock'...
    This will (1) eliminate the embarrassment of the skyrocketing count of memorial partakers each year (those new partakers are part of the unnumbered "little flock" but not part of the "FDS"), and (2) finally and completely marginalize the "non-approved" anointed."

Huh.

You know, it would also give the subtle appearance of admitting to a mistake in the WTS's earlier interpretation (thusly saving face by appearing humble), while futher consolidating their present authority, as though the 8 of them were among the last (if not the very last) of the "leadership class" of the anointed. This would also help reinforce that the End absolutely has to be super close; after all, if GB2.0 is the very last of the "leadership class", how much longer can it actually be?

I'm starting to revise my opinion; maybe they are clever and cunning (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/239286/10/2012-Annual-Meeting)...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Go back and read Bobcats research and comments earlier in this thread. Great stuff Bobcat!

• Little lost girl
    Little lost girl

I mentioned this to my jw friend last night and her response was "I don't believe you. And if this turns out to be true, it will be because Jehovah is cleaning out the congregation. Those who know this is the true organization will remain the others will just leave." I couldn't help but laugh.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good point LLG. Expect df'ings to increase. The org being cleaned will be the only possible " logical " explanation for those too afraid to see the corruption, or operation of error of the GB. How does this new light change the scandal of Mexico and Malawi?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

QUOTE " My mom mentioned that the annual meeting announced international conventions every year from now on and that the Manhattan Project "setting up tables on the street" is going nationwide. Any news on , or did I miss that posting."

Well if I was a self-important selfish bastard on the GB that is what I would do. 1 year I would do a nice talk in Australia, the next year somewhere in Europe - oh and how about one in Hawaii. Must be wonderful travelling the world at the brothers expense for your own benefit. International conventions each year - wow that will keep the travel desk at Bethel busy.

• Joliette
    Joliette

While the Governing Body has been running the show without the input of the other supposed anointed ones for some time now, this official change isolates them from any human (JW) accountability. While they previously claimed they did not keep track of the anointed nor did they seek their input, this totally isolates them with complete power over every single JW dedicated to God's Organization, they are answerable to no one. To question their authority, their decisions, is to question God.

So true! This pretty much sums up what Jehovah's Witneses (the rank and file) have been reduced to. And its so sad. Thank goodness I am out of that scam of a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit