Jwfacts-- Why So Many Contradictions?

by Recovery 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Recovery
    Recovery

I am well aware that many members of this board adhere to the view that the WT and/or The Bible is contradictory. The question is: If Paul Grundy is so enlightened as to 'the truth about the truth', why is he so contradictory?

Jwfacts to me (in a personal message): "Much of the information at jwfacts.com is from the research of people far more gifted then me,and comes from JWN. The arguments on my site are there becausethey are the ones that ex-JWs use, not the other way around."

Jwfacts today: "BTW, that list you are discussing is from Franz, who came to believe that the great crowd is in heaven.. Why do you think anyone is going to take your arguments seriously, when you are only regurgitating what you are told, and what any JW or exJW has been told for years."

Jwfacts today (explaining why he uses these arguments): "Secondly, I discredit the Watchtower because it is a deceitful and dangerous cult."

Previously he says: The arguments are there because they are the ones that ex-JW's use.

Jwfacts in his Trinity article: A human cannot hope to understand the reality of the Nature of God; spiritual beings are beyond the comprehension of physical beings. The closest a fleshly being can come to understanding the spiritual realm, a realm unknown to daily reality or scientific understanding, is through the approximations of antropomorphological statements. For this reason, any description of God is merely a vague humanised likeness. As the reality of God is an unsolvable mystery, incomprehensible until we see him "face to face"."

Jwfacts later writes: "In the first place, the article was not siding with the Trinity, it was showing why other people firmly believe it."

Then he writes: "It does say the trinity is correct."

Jwfacts says: "I do not need to point people to another belief. ..But as I try to do by showing why certain doctrine is wrong I do not need to tell them to believe another doctrine, or another organisation. All I need to do is help people learn to think and see other points of view so that they can move on to healthier ways of thinking. "

Jwfacts then says: "In certain teachings, such as the Great Crowd of Other Sheep,it is quite obvious what the Bible meant, so I present that

In fact nearly every doctrinal article is 'presenting' 'another doctrine' or 'another belief'.

When will the contradictions stop Jwfacts?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm telling you, don't forget to count your double time-and-a-half.

God is a Union Man, ya know!

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

how about the contradiction between the spirit directed organization appointing child molestors as elders?

would you like proof?

• Listener
    Listener

Recovery did JWfacts give you permission to publish part of his private message to you on here?

• Recovery
    Recovery

Yes.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Mind you, my communication with jwfacts has been very limited (albeit lengthy at times), as he does not engage in a debate for more than 20 or 30 minutes before leaving. Imagine the contradictions if we had discussions everyday. I am glad onlookers can see the fallacies and the errors contained within slowly but surely coming to light.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

would you like to explain the contradiction or will you continue to ignore the fact that your "spirit directed organization" i has been appointing child molesters as elders?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy oh boy, with each new thread you just bury yourself in more work. How can you possibly respond adequately to the responses you get?

As I understand it, the WTS claims to be spirit-directed and indeed is the closest to following Jehovah's will in our day. In addition, acknowledging their spirit-led direction leads to life, and ignoring it means death.

There is a great deal of responsibility that comes with such claims. Contradictions cannot be tolerated, because it means life and death to those who are following the society's/Jehovah's direction.

The author of JW facts makes no such claim.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Isn't there a saying that obsession is the sincerest form of flattery?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I think they say obsession is quickest route to a restraining order, MJ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit