Can a long distance relationship really work between jws?

by crazymeee 42 Replies latest social relationships

• crazymeee
    crazymeee

I met this guy about a monnth ago on instagram we kik and skype call everyday since he lives 2000 miles away. He tells me that hed like to be my boyfriend for now were taking it slow but im really not so sure im really skeptical about anything but so far hes showed me i can trust him. i tell im i dont want to be in a relationship where both couples know there not gonna last but there still together just to have someone. I just want some advice im 17 and hes turning 18 and yes i know where still young but i hear of alot of couples that are married young and it works for them. please some advice if i should just take a risk and see where it could lead, or just tell him to move on?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

crazymeee - if you are both JW's, when I was one, I tried it. the truth is, you can get to know eachother online, but in person it's different. You have no idea how they act, around other people, how things feel in person, chemistry, etc. If you meet in person and things are great, it will be very hard if the whole thing is long distance. It's really best someone close by. Unless he is moving there.

Now if you are NOT a JW, and he is, you want to run far far away.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

O and welcome, I see that was your friend post :)

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

*first post

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

O and if you are a JW, they don't recommend meeting other JW's online or having long distance relationship. You should wait until you meet somebody at an assembly, and if there is nobody at assemblies just wait.....and wait.......and wait.

• crazymeee
    crazymeee

thank you! EndofMysteries and well i kinda made this just to ask that question i read a lot of other people have tried and succeded but i want to know for myself

• sir82
    sir82

Can long distance relationships work, in general? Yes with a lot of effort and careful attention.

Can long distance relationships between 2 JW teens work? Don't bet your iphone on it.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Are you both JW's? And it 'could' succeed, but if he is so far away, until you get to hang out in person and see what they are like, you may find waiting a year then meeting in person, you just wasted a whole year. Even worse if you marry them and then you really learn how they are in person and they turn out ot be real bad.

If you had dated and seen them in person for awhile then they had to move, THAT could work, since you already learned a lot and had an idea.

Also he could be lonely and you are occupying his time, while he is looking for one in person, then one day he says goodbye.

It's a huge risk on your part.

• crazymeee
    crazymeee

blah i was thinking that too as if he might be playing me but i dont know he seems legit nd i guess real that he wants to try iv talked to his sister a few times shes really active in the meetings but im still waiting on asking on what she thinks

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

One other thing too........when people date, they show their best. But if you get married, the reality is you won't always see their best. You need to be able to live with them in their best and their worst. If the long distance relationship means living far apart, on skype you always see their best, and if you meet in person and see eachother for just a week or 2 at a time, that's still only their best, and you'll marry them just on that.

You need atleast 6 months to a year in person dating, a year better, then you'll probably see some of their worst as well. If it's okay, then good, but if it's something you couldn't handle, better to find out then instead of being married and stuck with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit