2012 Annual Meeting

by obarac 196 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yknot,

Truthseeker put together a nice chart some time ago, I guess its time for an update!

http://jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/218809/1/Jehovahs-Witness-guide-to-understanding-the-faithful-and-discreet-slave

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The Watchtower, on the other hand, needs to provide a plausible explanation as to how Jesus selected an entity to be his Faithful and Discreet Slave in 1919 that didn't exist until 1971. I don't envy them.

Noolite™ says the FDS existed/was appointed in 1919 over the Master's household.

It was the GB that didn't exist until 1971 ... except that they did exist in the 1st century. I don't know if or when a GB was supposed to be around in the intervening time ... hmm.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DarioKehl - "...is it safe to say that the new official JW doctrine is that Christ is only the mediator for 8 men on planet earth?"

...who alone reserve for themselves the authority to determine if a "sinner" qualifies as a child molester, don't forget.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Here's a thought, sorry if someone has commented on this already, but I haven't read all the posts.

Up to now the GB has to be anointed partakers. Are they possibly moving away from that, so that non-partakers could be on the GB?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doubtful, dropoffyourkeylee.

With an undeniable increase in partakers over the past 10+ years, surely they won't have trouble finding any "company men" among those ranks.

Ironic, no?

• Gayle
    Gayle

The GB just did an official "mass" deletion of about 12,000 claiming FDS members/partakers.

Probably, those still insisting on this rank/claim,will see a "mass" DFing.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Doubtful

... but it certainly does makes it a possibility, even if all anointed die off, God's faithful slave will remain on earth as the Governing Body, putting the end off indefinately.

The next thing you know,

THIS GENERATION will apply to GOVERNING BODY, no overlap necessary

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    wannabefree - "The next thing you know, THIS GENERATION will apply to GOVERNING BODY, no overlap necessary."

Holy shit.

These days, the GB interprets virtually everything "prophetic" and End-Times-related as primarily referring to the FDS first, and the R&F second, anyway.

I can totally see it evolving further to an official capacity.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Credit goes to OODAD for this gem of a find:

‘True, but as you well know, the myth taught to the R&F for many decades has been that the collective body of anointed worldwide are the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." As recently as only five years ago they were still teaching that:

"... all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute 'the faithful and discreet slave' that Jesus said would provide timely 'food' for his domestics."’ w07 11/1 p. 30 par. 12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit