Wealthy JWs = Higher Position in the Org.?

by AjaxMan 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey messenger,your post brings back memories.I remember my parents writing cheques to the CO for $500+ on every visit.Then I`d be at a dubs house from another KH and his parents would be writing the same CO a cheque for however(?) much.Still I`d see the same CO at another dubs house from another KH getting another cheque.(No one pays attention to kids).These guys worked the KH in their districts like a paper route.Everything from cash,to trips to different parts of the world.When the cash runs out so does the CO`s loyalty.I`ve seen it first hand...OUTLAW

• Francois
    Francois

In my experience with four congregations over the years, it was virutally predictable that the elders were the richest people in the congregation. Every time. No exception.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I know one thing for sure, if you are a wealthy JW you only associate with ones in the Congregation that have money. Low income families are never included. Talk about class distinction eh? It also helps you get in good with the circuit overseer. Been there and seen it.

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20
    PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• MavMan
    MavMan

I think to be balanced we should mention that things can be very different in third-world countries. Traveling overseers usually do not have cars, maybe a bicycle. Elders are usually poor as are the rest of publishers.

Now going back to witnesses in the U.S., I agree with the things that have been seen by some of you in the congregations, of course it does vary from congregation to congregation. I don’t think special favors are given to those that are wealthy as in special privileges in most congregations. In the circuit that I used to be part of, most of the elders that took the lead in assemblies had common jobs. I don’t see anything wrong if a wealthy brother progresses in the congregation if he Biblically qualifies for that privilege.

• Simon
    Simon

Too be brutaly honest, the 3rd world or anywhere else outside of the USA does not really matter that much. The WTS is largely a US religion but likes to promote the "world-wide" angle because it suites their doctrine.

See http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm for more details.

• JT
    JT

simon

excellent point

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think it comes down to the congregation being much like a business in many respects. People that are capable in business and dealing with and managing people and problems are much more suited to running a congregation than those who simply put in alot of field service hours.

Path

• MavMan
    MavMan

I was including Mexico and Brazil as "Third-world countries". Are they? Anyhow I think they consider themselves as such. Between those two there are about 1 million publishers. My comment about the elders being mostly poor and CO without cars applies to these two countries also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit