Wealthy JWs = Higher Position in the Org.?

by AjaxMan 17 Replies latest jw friends

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Hi All,

I've read over the past months that JWs are not wealthy. However, I wonder if those that are wealthy, are they in a high position like elders, MS, CO, DO, Bethelites?

Since I know of one here at work who does have yearly travel vacations to locales like Las Vegas, Europe and the Caribean. The main reason I wonder is because she works part-time, her payrate is like $9/Hr and she lives with her family.

I wonder if the family can afford those travels is because the father/head of the family is an elder, MS or in some Higher Position?

Thanks for any replies

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

One man I know of personally who is a millionaire happens to also be the PO of my congo.

• messenger
    messenger

Money buys a lot of perks within the organization. A Co costs about $200 per visit, the DO will set you back about $500, and if you want to buy a member of the GB you better get out your check book. Dependig on status of the GB member that can range from $5,000 to as much as $50,000 a pop. What does all of that buy? The higher the status the more untouchable you become. A GB bought and paid for will get you assembly overseer, city overseer, hospital liasion, and always heavy parts at the District Level, special committees, chairman of building committees, of course these perks are passed on to your children as well. You are given a license to lie, steal, commit adultry, be an acholoic, molest children, and beat the crap out of your wife, yet never miss a beat in you theocratic stature. Just remember you better keep up your payments or it can all go to shit overnight.

Ever wonder why the jerks are always in charge and never seem to lose their positions? Payments baby payments......

• Beans
    Beans

I don`t think that this is the case in most situations,we had elders that were not wealty and lived in apartments. I am sure that some are in these positions because of there stature though.

Beans

Are you in Ajax Ontario?

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Beans,

No. I am not in Ontario

• larc
    larc

Ajaxman,

They are not rich because of their position. They have position because they are rich. Sometimes, this is deserved because often rich people are better educated and more capable. Of course, there are cases, no doubt, that favoritsm is shown and a more affluent person gets a position when it is undeserved.

• JT
    JT

weath is not always equal to position.

Most elders are not rich
    CO and DO are OK as long as they stay in the work- if they leave and have not setup any type of retirement they are usually up creek

many live on the back of a Kindgom Hall, while there are those who live well after leaving the work when you look around the Earth at Non - western countries a bro in the traveling work after 40yrs will usually not be too well off

and bethelite in an of itself doesn't make one rich -

many are well off but many are not, and even GB

if you compare a Grant Suiter to a George Gangas, big difference in wealth

the main thing in the org is POWER

for many of these guys take David Sinclair, he is not broke, but not wealthy either, but is he powerful, WELL YES HE IS

while in wt they may not get out right money it is the PERKS,
    AS one bro stated even the Pope don't have the power and cotrol that the GB has-

so yes money is key often times to getting in well with the connected, but it's the power trippping in my view that ways so heavy

but then too they get to use all the Perks

they have access to anything that the local bro have, thier homes, cars , boat, vacation homes and lots and lots of free trips around the world

it's like the president of the USA - not really alot of money when you consider that Michael Dell makes more money, but who has more power-

when was the last time a CEO had and entire AIRPORT shut down just so his private plane could land- smile

so while money is and always will be important - in my exp it IS THE POWER THAT DRIVES THE LOWEST ELDER TO THE HIGHEST POSITION FOR THE MOST PART and then to kick in that God Appointed you , man we are rolling

smile

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Well, Well...

I get the impression from the posts that if you are rich entering the 'Society', then you can advance and move thru the rankings faster.

I guess there are a lot for double standards regarding that since the rich and wealthy does get V.I.P. or preferential treatment as the WTS doesn't want to lose the money donated by the rich folks.

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

Ajax - Hey.... good question. I agree with Beans. While it is true that some elders have money, others are just normal people.... Although, I do know the particular elder Mr. Biggs is talking about. I believe he is an extreme exception. All the elders in my hall are normal middle class people. The ones that can afford to go on nice vacations do not have children, so that is probably a main reason.

• Imbue
    Imbue

If a JW is wealthy and they don't have to work then they can do more service. This makes them appear 'more spiritual' than others. To those that rank others by tittle and service.

I know a couple that have never worked because she is a trust fund baby. They have always pioneered and he has been a commuter at Bethel for years. Presently they are both in law school. They denied that they are attending law school for Bethel.

Recently (one year or so) the WT came out with information stating that one should not go to school just to provide a need for Bethel. Now we all know that the only excuse for 'supplementary education' has been to fill the needs of Bethel. So this is a step back socially to the day of no college allowed.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit