As A Jehovah's Witness Did You Never Accept Or Believe Something They Taught?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I never really thought it made sense, especially the 'explanations' of 'prophecies', and by the time I turned 18, was so aware of the hypocrisy and lies, that I left.

t

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Romans 8:1- Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation

So only 144,000 humans out of thousands of years of history are not condemed. Really?

Also

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelizers, some as shepherds and teachers,

So why do we all need to go out in the ministry. The word some means something else to the governing body I guess.

Those are my main "pet peeves"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The one concept I rejected consistently was the idea that god "draws" certain ones to him and his organization. To me, that's predestination, so what's the point of free will. I also thought that it's a cheap ploy to make people feel "special" that they were hand picked by god. Just stupid reasoning.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good thread...here's a few things I didn't buy into:

Shunning of family members, and shunning overall. I never bothered shunning anybody.

The blood doctrine. Ideally, yes, I can see not using blood, but in an emergency I can't see dying over it or letting a child die over it.

The interpretations of Revelation prophecies as applying to Conventions and Watchtower articles.

The age of major life forms on earth, especially prehistorically in regard to dinosaurs.

• designs
    designs

1975 was big, I remember my Insurance Agent laughing out loud about our 1975 junk and then came 1995 and the revised 'Generation' nonsense.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I never believed in the spy system, tattling on others or else being guilty for their sins as a sort of accomplice. It just didn't make sense to me. I felt it should be that person's responsibility to turn themselves in, not mine. I was so anti-social that I never found out anything worth telling anyhow, so...it worked out.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Whoops. I forgot. I mean 'asocial', not 'anti-social'.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit