A question for Athiests

by EndofMysteries 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I really do not understand how any can be athiests from thinking real hard about it. How can you think everything on this earth just happened?

From my understanding, to be athiest, this is pretty much how it goes.

There was a big bang or some event, the earth and sun appeared. Somehow water got on earth. Them somehow the suns energy made single cell organisms magically appear. At some point fish and sealife were spawned. Then vegatation. Then all sorts of animals. And anytime there was some gap or opportunity for life to appear to do something, such as clean and eat crap, eat dead bodies, etc, bacteria, insects, animals just happen to form to do those things.

Everything happened by chance, the right thing and right mystery mix to create it all. Yet with the billions of forms of life that happened by chance and the right mix of some comic or biological juice, we are unable ourselves to find this mix and remove the random chance from it, and create entirely new types of plant, animal, sealife, etc.

I understand why many may not believe in a God, or perhaps one described in any of our books. At the very least I think all would think that either a very highly intelligent life long ago created the life here on earth and just left it. (but where did they come from).

It seems to take more faith that everything happened by chance and there is no life behind the start of our life then it takes to admit we did come from something, whether any books or ideas we have on what we came from are correct or not can't be 100% proven at this time.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

From my understanding, to be athiest, this is pretty much how it goes.

Your understanding is flawed.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Then tell me how an athiest believes all life on earth came to be.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

At the very least, I see Earth and all life on it comparable to creating a video game or virtual world, giving one of the programs such a high degree of AI that it becomes self aware, putting it away forgetting to turn it off and how that entire world would evolve on it's own. I just can't comprehend how people can believe this is all just random. It seems at the least it would be we were created or put here and just left to be on our own.

• xchange
    xchange

Your understanding is flawed.

What he said.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Then I ask again, what do you or they believe as how all life on Earth came to be? And why can't we ourselves create new life?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

1) it's still being investigated.

2) humans have created new life

3) even if we couldn't, what would your point be?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"...somehow the suns energy made single cell organisms magically."

All the "magic" is in the creationist's corner. It takes time to actually learn all the things that happened to create a universe and a planet that could be a catylist for life that it could sustain. But you want someone to just tell you in an Internet forum straight-up and convince you.

Stick with the magic answer, "God did it" if you want easy answers.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

2) what new life have humans created? If you are speaking of clones, that is taking an egg and manipulating some things, but they didn't create the egg.

3) we can't. We can't create an entirely new type of fruit. We can't create an entirely new type of mammal, fish, or human, etc. The point is if all of these things happened randomly, and billions of times over, then it would be easy to take that and create any type of life, vegetation, etc we wanted. The point is something with intelligence is the origin.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

2) do your own research

3)Things didn't happen randomly. And you attempt at "proof", that intelligent life can't create life, therefore intelligence is required, needs tweaking to be logically consistent or make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit