Proof of adultery no longer needed to be spiritually free to remarry

by WuzLovesDubs 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And then you presumably would tell the elders of his confession, and they'd take this hear-say evidence based on your word (perhaps with a "cross your heart, hope-to-die Ananais and Sapphira style" pledge)? And then you'd be scripturally free?

Wow, if that doesn't sound like a system with potential abuse built into it, LOL!

Yes. That's how it works. But I learned something else in the midst of this that kind of shocked me. The 'innocent' mate gets the say-so. So if YOU committed adultery, even got DF'd, and the wife/husband says they will forgive you, and if they have not had sex with anyone else, then it is their call. They are the innocent mate, and so it is their decision if you are free to move on or not. If they have sex with you, then they no longer have the option of getting a scriptural divorce.

So I know someone that was DF'd, got married, left their wife, found other girlfriends, got reinstated, met a sister and wanted to marry her. Well the ex-spouse had some connection to the JW's though I don't think she was baptized. Even though they were divorced, even though he'd had sex with others, she claimed that she had not and she would forgive him! They said he couldn't remarry. I don't remember how long this went on, but I think she just gave in eventually. But unless he had started stalking HER to see if SHE had sex (only at night) with someone, then he was still bound to her, regardless of how many partners he had in between.

It just makes you dizzy.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Jgnat i actually suggested that at first because i didnt know he had a gf all lined up already. My step father in laws first wife did exactly that. Cake/eat/2. He was horrified at the thought of deceiving Jehovah like that. I even offered initially to write a letter than I had fornicated so that he could be free because I really did want him to go on....again that ship has sooooooo sailed.

He apparently thinks Jehoover doesnt see text messages, emails and hear cell phone calls. Or see the blatant flirting and connecting going on on the part of BOTH of these holier than thous and Im supposed to buy that he has concerns about deceiving God???? What about that scrip that says if you lust for a woman in your heart you are committing adultery? Thats from the GET GO for gods sake. And I guaranfucking tee that he is the gossipstock of that congregation, dragging our business through the titilation mill. Every single one of them knows he is married, she is too and they are on a very very slippery slope. Im disgusted with them both.

I cant stand to look at him. ugggghhhh

ps Im planning on moving far far away after the divorce and I think he panicked because he didnt know how he was going to get FREE if he couldnt spy on me...which I think lead to the question about whether the brothers still SPY on people. He was probably already seeing about getting somebody from the nearest congregation to where Im going to camp out on my lawn. Trust me when I say theyd be there a looooooooong time before theyd get ANYTHING because now Im seriously considering become a nun.

• JAFO
    JAFO

hamsterbait said:

I am amazed that you are too bone idle to search for yourself and find it. But then most JWs are mentally lazy.

And clearly, hamsterbait, you're too bone idle and mentally lazy to even figure out (or check up on) what the screen-handle "never a jw" means.

How's that old saw about pots & kettles go again?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "But I learned something else in the midst of this that kind of shocked me. The 'innocent' mate gets the say-so. So if YOU committed adultery, even got DF'd, and the wife/husband says they will forgive you, and if they have not had sex with anyone else, then it is their call. They are the innocent mate, and so it is their decision if you are free to move on or not. If they have sex with you, then they no longer have the option of getting a scriptural divorce.
    So I know someone that was DF'd, got married, left their wife, found other girlfriends, got reinstated, met a sister and wanted to marry her. Well the ex-spouse had some connection to the JW's though I don't think she was baptized. Even though they were divorced, even though he'd had sex with others, she claimed that she had not and she would forgive him! They said he couldn't remarry..." New Chapter, page #2

facepalm How utterly CATHOLIC of them...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit