Talked to a couple from the Hall that I haven't seen in a while

by Captain Schmideo2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

I know a few older ones who excitedly bought tablets and started trying using them for service and the meetings. The young ones have a full time job helping the older ones out with technical problems.

On some level the older ones must feel like they are being left behind. The frustration must be incredible. You're older, less able physically, the end hasn't come and a lot of those you were friends with have passed away, the society is changing beliefs left and right and now to top it all off the society has embraced technology that you barely understand much less can operate. And the younger ones do get frustrated doing all that technical support.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Oh, the irony! Years and years of bad-mouthing and bashing higher education and technology as being from the devil Himself, only to years later embrace it, and require younger people who weren't even supposed to GROW UP in this "System of Things" to show you how to use basic email and an iPad. No one above 40 much less anyone above 60 thought that the year 2015 would be spent like this, in this "Old" System of Things. The "New Order" was supposed to have been here by now. This crap shouldn't even be an issue. We should be relaxing in our wood Chalet by the lake while our deceased relatives are petting pandas and being fed grapes by trained, enslaved, monkeys. End Rant.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback Watchtower - "Government conspiracies to shut down alternative energy. GMOs are bad. GMOs are BAD. GMO'S ARE BAD!!!! Poor Dr. Oz is being persecuted for speaking the truth about the food we eat."

JWs (particularly older ones) seem to be especially susceptible to right-wing conspiracy theories, mostly because the "everything is bad everywhere"-style fear-mongering affirms and reinforces the WT worldview.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    GMO fears are usually from the left wing tho. I'm not sure most of them are harmful, the ones supposed to be chemical resistant I am wary of. I think it's a matter of labeling for me. We should have the right to know what is in the food we buy. Whether it is actually harmful is another issue, but GMO foods should be labeled so we can make a choice whether we want to buy them or not.
  • done4good
    done4good

Brokeback Watchtower - "Government conspiracies to shut down alternative energy. GMOs are bad. GMOs are BAD. GMO'S ARE BAD!!!! Poor Dr. Oz is being persecuted for speaking the truth about the food we eat."

Vidiot:JWs (particularly older ones) seem to be especially susceptible to right-wing conspiracy theories, mostly because the "everything is bad everywhere"-style fear-mongering affirms and reinforces the WT worldview.

In other words, pretty much all fundies are susceptible to the same amygdala triggering nonsense. Big surprise.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit