"Keep yourselves in Gods Love"...JW`s and masturbation video #22

by smiddy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just looked to see if this video is still on the official jehovah`s Witness website "Keep yourselves in Gods Love " ( deaf and sign language # 22 ) and it is. Notwithstanding whether it is appropiate for signers to be explicit or not, depending on what signage they use, the real question should be, why are the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses so concerned that their members are masturbating or not.It is not an issue in the bible .Why are they delving into something that quite frankly does not concern them ?

smiddy

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes that is the real issue. Focussing on the sign language used was a not-very-helpful red herring. I didn't even find it particularly amusing.

You could argue that stigmatising masturbation has an ideological function in as much it ensures that a majority of JWs feel that they are fundamentally unworthy and disobedient, if they take Watchtower pronouncements on the matter seriously.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

It's just the JW mindset: Purge 'true' Christians from all evil.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be a VERY common problem within the organization, and especially at Bethel, with all those horny young brothers crowded together in rigidly regimented routines that must frustrate the hell out of them...

The routines, that is...

• irondork
    irondork

"In almost 100 percent of those cases of homosexuality uncovered in the congregations, those involved had first fallen victims of the practice of habitual self abuse..."

Well, that explains why I'm gay. But during the course of my life I have learned through occasional conversation with others that in almost 100 percent of those cases of HETEROsexuality uncovered in society at large, those involved with this lifestyle choice had fallen victim to the practice of self abuse.

Heteros, after you have engaged in your... life... STYLE, be sure to warn your children of the dangers of masturbation or, chances are, they'll turn out just like you.

Or maybe like me.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

And me, I masturbated & I turned out gay as well

My brother masturbated & turned out straight ...........so BORG stick that in your Youth book.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Come to think of it all my school mates talked about & practiced 'self abuse' & then my youthful friends when I started work talked about & practiced it apparently & they were 90% HETERO.

So be warned Watchtower...........masturbation causes HETEROSEXUALALITY!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Hmmm, isn't one of the fruitages of the spirit 'self-control'? Seems to me, that's all the scriptural justification needed to regulate sexual behavior of Xians re: masturbation. In fact, that seems like a stronger case than the other goofy scripture-contorting they do to create FDS interpretaions to explain power grabs. The sexual urge is an impulse which must be controlled: otherwise you have pervs jerking off in public, etc.

I'm baffled as to why someone would think that Abrahamic religions DON'T (or should not) regulate their followers behaviors: uh, isn't that kinda the whole idea of religions, defining what constitutes a sin?

And if the idea of giving others that level of control over you rubs you the wrong way (pun intended), then to slightly alter Jeff Foxworthy's line, you just MAY be in the wrong religion...

Religion actually IS akin to sexual bondage and S/M, with their even being "safe words" ("I'm an apostate!") to get out, if the restrictions get to be too much.....

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Oh, yeah, PS: I was impressed to see WT carried out epidemiological studies on causes of homosexuality back in the 1960s, and apparently found a solid correlation, a cause and effect relationship! They should submit their findings to the professional journals for publication, lol!

For an organization that doesn't believe in science (eg water vaoor canopy), they seemingly feel entitled to carry out research, lol!

• inbetween
    inbetween

KS. yes I agree, most religions have codes for controlling sexual desires, however, point is, even from the bibles view, that this is done in order to prevent damage to others or one self (e.g. sexual transmitted deseases, broken marriages, abuse or even rapping)

when it comes to masturbation, its something virtually everybody growing up does, it does not harm neither one self nor anybody else (normally, perverted people is a different story) however, with strict rules like in JW, poeple feel guilty and unworthy.

Intended or not, but feeling of guilt will urge poeple to compensate with more field service, donations or whatever...

I agree, sexual desires in a civilzed world need to be controlled, but not condemned like the org does...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit