Rumor Elders Will Receive Name Badges For Every Meeting.

by HelpMeBelieve 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is amazing how many in the congregation have no idea who the elders are. Badges may help all to recognize them.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, look at the changes that have occurred in the last 5 or so years alone - who'd have predicted them or thought them plausible? Some of the changes are baffling.

If true, as JW GoneBad stated, its yet another Mormon-influence.

Perhaps the Watchtower could be onto something to facilitate judgement of who can be approached at meetings and/or who is to be avoided.

I suggest the following name badges:

"Wanna Be Elder"

"Ex-Elder"

"Most Loyal Elder"

"Top Disfellowshipping Elder 2012"

"Prospective Ministerial Servant" (for deserving males age 6 and up)

"Most Servile Sister 2012"

"Most Subservient JW Wife 2012"

"Least Haughty Pioneer 2012"

Dying Breed Category:

"Active Publisher A+" (A+ denotes publishers who do not go to cafes for an hour or so mid-morning during witnessing)

Extra-Special Category (growing in numbers in recent years):

"Anointed Remnant"

The most difficult badge to assign in terms of few, if any, deserving prospects?

"Most Caring and Empathic Elder"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Maybe instead of badges, they could just have them wear their collars backwards.

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Ten years ago if you told me the "book study" was slated to be thrown into a ditch, I would not have believed. Nothing appears to be unreasonable in my belief system.

Is it far fetched to believe "name badges" are coming, not at all! Wiki your local Kingdom Hall, two our three elders names will appear as the president and directors. The badge rumor came from a brother who was glad to show me his name on Wiki, I thought "what a presumptious ass! he's gloating because his name is on Wiki's People page?"

Reasoning that badges would lead to a more "cleaner, credible and sanctioned by WTS" wholesome person, makes logical sense. Did I start the rumor here, yes, I told you what I was told by a few silly credible brothers. I hope badges are not handed out, how will we live with their big heads after this?

Christian and Worldy Love to all!

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

At my UU church, everyone gets badges after attending 3 or more meetings. If you join (which consists of merely signing the membership book) you get a different colored name tag. The resident pastor has a badge just like everyone else and it only has her name on it, not Rev or Pastor. Sounds quite haughty of the elders to be the only one with name tags. Are they turning the reg meetings into mini DCs?

• minimus
    minimus

Right, some people are so gullible'

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,I'm not sure this will happen,but nothing much surprises me anymore.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol... Tell ya what. If this rediculous rumor turns out to be true i will take a licture of mine and post it before i step down :)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Interesting idea if it is true.

It will just be easier to find the fool in the crowd. That and his swollen head will make him stand out.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Wonder whatever became of this....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit