Rumor Elders Will Receive Name Badges For Every Meeting.

by HelpMeBelieve 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

'No hierarchy' is going to be a bit hard to claim if you're wearing a gold plated badge wth a green flashing LED border proclaiming you to be Chief Dickhead!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Mormons always have Elder So and So on their badge, a JW swore to me that he saw one with "Elder Berry " on it, I think he may have made that up, but some surnames will cause hilarity if the WT follows the LDS lead.

• Room 215
    Room 215

... nightmarish.....

• elderelite
    elderelite

This is silly. Of course so is the org.... But i have heard nothing about this and i seriously doubt its true

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Who starts these rumors

Umm, you?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl! Well played BP

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I think it is just a rumor. They rip the Catholic faith for having a Pope and Cardinals and Priests and men of elevated positions. They claim that other faiths are a hierarchy instead of a lowly brotherhood. If they started elevating elders and MS with name badges.....that would be one step closer to the egregious acts of "Christendom".

Then again.....they've been blatantly hypocritical before so...who knows?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Well, you NEVER know! Every time there's a rumor that HAS come true many were saying it would never happen. I remember most denying the Book Study end/change but it happened. Many said "they would NEVER do that!" And yet they DID. Honestly there's NO telling but they are capable of virtually anything.

• Scully
    Scully

I wouldn't be surprised in the least. The WTS is always trying to give the appearance of being proactive / forward-thinking / progressive. A name tag on an Elder™ or Ministerial Servant™ will give the impression that they have been "vetted" by the WTS or at least by the local Congregation™, and have met all legal requirements for working around children, such as a criminal background check, etc.

• sir82
    sir82
    A name tag on an Elder™ or Ministerial Servant™ will give the impression that they have been "vetted" by the WTS or at least by the local Congregation™, and have met all legal requirements for working around children

Precisely why it will never happen.

Do you really think the WTS would try to increase the ties it has to what they perceive as the bumbling fools in the congregations, potentially opening themselves up to even more legal liability?

I could maybe see name tags for everybody, like convention name tags. That way you know who "the brothers" are. Anyone without a name tag would be viewed with suspicion until verified that he/she wasn't DF-ed, and then the love-bombing would commence.

It would add an extra layer of shame and humiliation to the DFing process, which would fit the Watchtower MO perfectly:

"Brother Unrepentant, to be reinstated you must attend all meetings. Of course, you are not permitted to wear your name tag - just leave that with us on your way out the door. You'll get it back when reinstated."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit