Overlapping Generation/GB/Doug Sanderson

by Simon Morley 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Me personally? I hear them talking about the flood of Noah's day (when Jesus said, "Just as in the days of Noah") and the 120 years of preaching that Noah did....

I think that if all this insanity of "overlapping" doesn't work out (or, even to support/ reinforce it) they will say something like: "Jesus 'evidently' meant to give us a clue when he mentioned Noah and the preaching' and that will mean this 'last generation' could last until .... 1914 + 120 = 2034! So keep preaching, like Noah did!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The scripture is.... ( drum roll )...... JOB 42:16!!! Read the verse in several versions for the best results.

http://biblehub.com/job/42-16.htm

God's word defines what a "generation" is by telling us what "generations" mean. So when Jesus spoke of those who would hear his message and live to see the signs and the destruction of Jerusalem as a "generation", it becomes obvious that the WTBTS's overlapping dogma is pure nonsense.

When you add the GB's record of moving the goal post into the mix, it's even more ridiculous. Of course they are Adventist/Zionists/Millerites, so a secondary fulfillment is desired, and they perform mental gymnastics to make it happen.

DD

• AleFer
    AleFer
    Hi, fellows!, nobody answered my funny calculations about people who were born after 1980 not dying according to the new WT 2010 doctrine... I'd like some comments from ex JW or even JW. Thanks! Ale
  • AleFer
    AleFer
    Hi cha ching. In that case, that wouldn't be that disappointing: 2034 is only 19 years away...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit