Too much spiritual food? Too much faith?

by ianao 31 Replies latest jw friends

• neyank
    neyank

Hi smartgirl,
    I wish you wouldn't leave.
    There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion than others.
    That's what makes discussions interesting.
    If you leave,.............I will hold my breath until I turn blue.
    Now you wouldn't want that would you??????????
    neyank

• larc
    larc

MDS,

I find it hard to believe that you read all of smartgirls posts. First, she told some sad parts of her story, then when people tryed to sympathize, she lashed out at them. You said that she was objective and factual. I saw almost no facts and a very subjective bunch of put downs. I am not going to go back and pull out a bunch of her quotes, to give you proofs. The over all impression is clear in my mind after reading everything she wrote very carefully. On the hotest topic - 1975, by the way, everybody cooled and changed the subject. She seemed to be getting along fine at that point, so I have no idea why she decided to leave.

By the way, MDS you never did answer my question regarding what is going to happen at that the end of the 70 year period that began in 1931 and ends this year, that you talked about.

• ianao
    ianao

No doubt larc, it will be PARAMOUNT that we buy this report and LEARN LEARN LEARN before it's too late.

• MDS
    MDS

Larc,

I will be happy to answer the question posed, when someone else poses it...someone sincere. So pay attention, when someone asks, who knows, I may answer it, on some different thread.

To "RedHorseWoman," "Ianao," & Company, (a few more that need naming) You guys and gals ought to "chill,"...really.

You people, are simply intolerate of other peoples opinions, just like the people you soooo condemn, the Watchtower Society and its Governing Body. This board here, is the proof. The "proof," is right before you.

When someone disagrees with you people, when things they say just don't jive with you own lofty "opinions,"... how do you react?

How do you react?

...you CHIDE...MAKE FUN OF....DERIDE...RIDICULE... over and over again.

You are not "scientific" at all to your approach to anything you haven't heard before...new ideas. No, You just condemn it!

The board is the "proof," ... simple.

So, don't get mad with me. Your venting anger at me doesn't intimidate me at all. I would think by now, you would know that...the length of time I've been here...disagreeing with you the whole way. Using the Bible prove to my points the whole way.

You say I'm looking for "disciples." Maybe...but more importantly, maybe I'm looking for individuals WHO LOVE TRUTH. Ever heard of that? This is a lot more important than having a few "disciples," following after one, just for the purpose of "following." That's ridiculous. "Truth," real "truth," is our quest. It should be yours too.

Why won't you let the Bible have the LAST WORD? Why? There is no one among you that can use it...no one.

I put up a lengthy post, much to your chagrin... a scritural post, a scriptural position.

Do you come back "other" scriptures, like Jesus did to the "Devil,"...if I am wrong, take the Bible and REFUTE me, like Jesus did the Devil on the Mountain.

Don't ridicule, deride, chide, call me "waco fool," and so on... is that all you can do? Say things, like if the the people listen to me, they are headed for "death," following "David Koresh,"...where's your proof...where is it?

You people cannot use God's Word to condemn me... you've proved nothing by using the scriptures...nothing.

The whole lot of you, COMBINED cannot refute nothing I've written, nothing. You are completely "ignorant" when comes to the Word of God. And for that, you need to be completely condemned, for attacking one that relies and uses God's Word to "set matters straight." Something you know nothing about.

Intimidation is something you tried on me. You tried it on "Smartgirlpw" and will try it on any who disagrees with your foolish and nonsensical notions. Non-Biblical ones.

Someone even had the ridiculous notion to tell me to quit quoting Scriptures from God's Word. What a foolish statement.

Admittedly, when I spoke, you did try to intimidate me, just as you tried to intimidate "Smartgirlpw," when she spoke her mind, and said you guys was having a "pity-party." She noted that you were swallowed up in your self-pity. She made the observation, and you guys and gals couldn't stand it.

She saw, she didn't "fit in" to your neat, little "group" here. Your nasty little "comments," your "observations" of her, berated, and belittled her for even having an opinion different from your own. You wanted her to either LEAVE (like you own the board or something, a public board mind you,) or either CONFORM, like so many others who are indeed, afraid of you, and are intimidated by your "actions," your opinions and viewpoints. I am not one of them. Neither is "Smartgirlpw"...

But, for her own, peace of mind, She chose to leave. And that's fine if she wants to do this. That's fine for her. Perhaps, she will find "friends" that will more tolerate of her views on a different board, even if they have differing viewpoints from others...even if there is "corrective" counsel in her viewpoints, adjustments that we all need to make. Still, she will be accepted by others. She knows this. -- 2 Tim. 3:16, 17

But, in my case I decided not to leave. I didn't leave. And because of this...other "lovers of truth," will continue to listen too. That's the way Jehovah works...in case you didn't know.

And there is nothing that man can do, with all of his "wicked antics", and oppressive ways and tricks of intimidation, as demonstrated on this board, time and time again, still nothing that man can do, to stop truth. You just can't stop it...you know.

MDS

• larc
    larc

MDS,

I don't mind if you quote scripture. The only comment I made on the subject is that you provide a concluding statement. I went back and read all your posts for the past six week or go and got the gist of it. Now regarding my sincerity. I simply asked for a clarification of something you said. Tryed to approach it "scientificaly" as you advised above. I think it's a clear, straight forward question. I didn't express anger or sarcasm, so why not give an answer?

• ianao
    ianao
    I will be happy to answer the question posed, when someone else poses it...someone sincere. So pay attention, when someone asks, who knows, I may answer it, on some different thread.

Sincere = Willing to become a member of your new "flock".

To "RedHorseWoman," "Ianao," & Company, (a few more that need naming) You guys and gals ought to "chill,"...really.

Good one. Ridicule the ridiculers of the ridiculer. That will show your right. Excellent stratedgy MDS!

You people, are simply intolerate of other peoples opinions, just like the people you soooo condemn, the Watchtower Society and its Governing Body. This board here, is the proof. The "proof," is right before you.

Wrong MDS. *I* am intollerant. I am intollerant of YOUR opinions. YOU however are parading yourself on this board not like someone with an opinion, but someone with an AGENDA anyway.

When someone disagrees with you people, when things they say just don't jive with you own lofty "opinions,"... how do you react?
    How do you react?
    ...you CHIDE...MAKE FUN OF....DERIDE...RIDICULE... over and over again.

That is correct MDS, as is human nature. (Looks like you are lashing yourself, no?)

You are not "scientific" at all to your approach to anything you haven't heard before...new ideas. No, You just condemn it!

The board is the "proof," ... simple.

"New ideas" are just fine MDS. The problem comes in when people like YOU come in professing ultimate utter unreconcilable 'TRUTH' as apposed to a NEW IDEA, THAT is when *I* condemn it. Because *I* know from experience that life is not so simple. And I also know when I see a mentally disturbed individual when I see one.

So, don't get mad with me. Your venting anger at me doesn't intimidate me at all

Excellent! Then you do have hope if mear WORDS cannot intemmidate you.

I would think by now, you would know that...the length of time I've been here...disagreeing with you the whole way. Using the Bible prove to my points the whole way.

Any percieved intemmedation is more dellusion on YOUR part MDS. *MY* intent is to make you see that you need some mental help, and protect these folks from another WACO incedent, or at least another "Worldwide Church of God" incident. By the way, I do not take reinterpretation of other's ideas as Biblical proof MDS. Sorry. Doesn't cut it.

You say I'm looking for "disciples." Maybe...but more importantly, maybe I'm looking for individuals WHO LOVE TRUTH . Ever heard of that?

If you are speaking of ex-JWs who still think the society is God's channel, then I understand what you say. If you are speaking of people that are wise to the ways of clever-speaking men who look pariahic on the outside, then you are in the WRONG place.

This is a lot more important than having a few "disciples," following after one, just for the purpose of "following." That's ridiculous. "Truth," real "truth," is our quest. It should be yours too.

Why? So we can forget our friends and family, neglect our children, brush away their education and INTELLECT, and continue to destroy the Earth out of a lack of caring for it because of the "new system"? Not our fault right? Satan's world right? Just forget about fixing all the damage mankind has done to it right? Let God correct our mistakes right?

Why won't you let the Bible have the LAST WORD? Why? There is no one among you that can use it...no one.

A VERY presumptious statement MDS. Have you ever thought that maybe we don't quote the bible left and right because most of us were RAISED on it? Ever been raised on another human's misapplication of biblical principals MDS? Not too fun, is it?

I put up a lengthy post, much to your chagrin... a scritural post, a scriptural position.

David Koresh used the Bible as well. He also claimed he understood the seven seals. He also claimed that the Korenthians were battling at armageddon, and HE could prove ALL of it through scripture. He used SCRIPTURE to knock up a whole bunch of women and start a new "seed". Guess what? If he was right, then armageddon is over, and God lost, because this "system" is still here. And you know what? No matter how scriptural his position was, the fact of the matter is that he is now DEAD. D-E-A-D.

Do you come back "other" scriptures, like Jesus did to the "Devil,"...if I am wrong, take the Bible and REFUTE me, like Jesus did the Devil on the Mountain.

You cannot refute reinterpretation of ideas to fit your motives with the same bible you used to formulate your interpretation. It's been tried again and again through the ages with absoloute failure. Why do you think that so many Bible-based religions STILL EXIST today? Please remember that YOUR God is another's 3-in-1. Your "satan" is another's "Jesus".

Don't ridicule, deride, chide, call me "waco fool," and so on... is that all you can do?

That is all I have to do. Oh, are your true motives coming out? Do you want to "win the argument"? How interesting. Here comes that "us" vs. "them" mentality that many ex-JWs are SOOOOOOO sick of.

Say things, like if the the people listen to me, they are headed for "death," following "David Koresh,"...where's your proof...where is it?

Unfortunately, and especially for the people that died under direction of Koresh, the proof came a little too late. Your words are your proof.

You people cannot use God's Word to condemn me... you've proved nothing by using the scriptures...nothing.

Your words have condemned you, IMHO. And scripture is NOT necessary, because most of us remember the prohecy's of false teachers springing up, and "flase teachers" misleading many.

The whole lot of you, COMBINED cannot refute nothing I've written, nothing. You are completely "ignorant" when comes to the Word of God.

Another bad presumption MDS. I forgive you for the insult.

And for that, you need to be completely condemned, for attacking one that relies and uses God's Word to "set matters straight." Something you know nothing about.

Who's lashing out now MDS? A bit presumptious, yet again.

Intimidation is something you tried on me. You tried it on "Smartgirlpw" and will try it on any who disagrees with your foolish and nonsensical notions. Non-Biblical ones.

To be perfectly honest, her "generalizations" offended me, and THAT is why I lashed out at her, for the insult. I will not try "it" on you anymore, MDS. Unless I change my mind. Because, I know that insanity negates logic, and YOU are beyond help.

Someone even had the ridiculous notion to tell me to quit quoting Scriptures from God's Word. What a foolish statement.

Well, what do you expect? People were quoted scripture for a loooooong time under the guise of TRUTH. Then they discover that it's nothing more than another interpretation of the Bible. What would you say to someone quoting scripture to prove that Jesus is "God, the son". Is that ridiculous?

Admittedly, when I spoke, you did try to intimidate me, just as you tried to intimidate "Smartgirlpw," when she spoke her mind, and said you guys was having a "pity-party." She noted that you were swallowed up in your self-pity. She made the observation, and you guys and gals couldn't stand it.

Tell me something MDS, if I called you a NUTCASE, would YOU like it? Would logical like it? Of course not. Smartgirlpw is as human as the rest of us. The whole argument was pure human nature. Please remember, one's "self-pitty" is another's healing. People only DEAL with things from their own perspective.

She saw, she didn't "fit in" to your neat, little "group" here. Your nasty little "comments," your "observations" of her, berated, and belittled her for even having an opinion different from your own.

Yes, when anyone's very OPINION berates and belittle's me, that tends to happen. A parihic judgement on a whole board. I say she did state her case VERY WELL, and I understand it. That does not make ME wrong and HER right because I LASHED BACK at my attacker in my own self defense. Don't turn a disagreement and ensuing argument into anything more than it already is.

You wanted her to either LEAVE (like you own the board or something, a public board mind you,) or either CONFORM, like so many others who are indeed, afraid of you, and are intimidated by your "actions," your opinions and viewpoints. I am not one of them. Neither is "Smartgirlpw"...

Sorry MDS, I told her to LEAVE if she was going to continue to INSULT people with her snyde (sp?) remarks. As I said: Her "generalizations" are another's insults. Oh BTW. If anyone wanted to OBJECT to my actions, they would have done so. I only state the reactions of others in times past to the SAME SITUATION.

But, for her own, peace of mind, She chose to leave. And that's fine if she wants to do this. That's fine for her. Perhaps, she will find "friends" that will more tolerate of her views on a different board, even if they have differing viewpoints from others...even if there is "corrective" counsel in her viewpoints, adjustments that we all need to make. Still, she will be accepted by others. She knows this. -- 2 Tim. 3:16, 17

More power to her. And each person's "corrective counsel" is relative to his/her situation. I am glad that she knows this as a JW. That's good. It's the same council given to mormans, moravians, methodists, catholics, baptists, advantists, jews (in most cases), etc. etc. (sorry, don't feel like putting a scripture here to backup what I say, because I am not trying to win over followers into a new religion).

But, in my case I decided not to leave. I didn't leave. And because of this...other "lovers of truth," will continue to listen too. That's the way Jehovah works...in case you didn't know.

Well thank you for the insight there MDS. I 'preciate that. Since this is a public board, I am glad that you will stay. So, how's about providing that "corrective" counseling for people that come on this board and need help (remember what you did for me). Oh wait, I forgot... Right after you tried to help me feel better, YOU TRIED TO SELL ME A REPORT.

And there is nothing that man can do, with all of his "wicked antics", and oppressive ways and tricks of intimidation, as demonstrated on this board, time and time again, still nothing that man can do, to stop truth. You just can't stop it...you know.

Yeah I know. I also know that YOUR 'truth' is another's falsehood. And because it will ALWAYS be that way, I don't get myself in a tizzy over it.

• larc
    larc

MDS,

I am going to try to state this as rationaly as possible, so that you don't call me bad names, but I have to agree with Ianao, on the fact that you chid and belittle people with the best of them. I remember on one post I asked for a point of clarification, and you implyed that stupidity and lack of truth seeking was my problem, and you wouldn't lower youself to give an answer, rather insulting (I will go find the docuementation if you want) Now this time I ask you a simple question, that you won't answer because you say I'm insincere. Why did you come to that conclusion?? Even if I was the devil himself, wouldn't to be good if you answered for the benefit of the others here?

One other thing you do that I find annoying, which I picked up on when reading Ianao's last comment, is your referral to the "truth seekers", which implies that if we don't agree with you or if we just don't get it that we are not truth seekers. That is a put down as big as any you accuse us of.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

MDS,

I don't think anyone found offense to what she was saying. But I do think they found offense to her being so insulting. Like telling eye opened (I think) who pissed in your cheerios. Now that is a great comment from a God fearing, bible trained person. I can't speak for the rest, but I do enjoy a good meeting of the minds mixed with a little humor. But when it's filled with insults and contempt, it neither funny, nor needed, because i think we all have been through enough of those feelings.

Happy to be Free (Me)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I find it very interesting that people such as MDS and Smartgirlpw feel that they are so far above everyone else here because they "know the TRUTH".

They condemn anyone who disagrees with them as being insincere, immature, and stupid.

Interestingly enough, neither of them would be allowed to participate on the standard JW boards. They would both be banned after their first introductory posts, by the "good Christians" they purport to represent.

On this board they have been extended hospitality, and yet they attack and belittle the participants. Every discussion board has a certain flavor, and those who enjoy it become an online community. MDS feels that we have no right to determine the "flavor" of this community. Rather, he and ones such as Smartgirlpw should have the right to come here, chastise everyone for their "evil" ways, and force everyone to participate in the manner that they have deemed appropriate.

Sorry guys, it doesn't work that way.

• logical
    logical

ianao:

stratedgy
    intollerant
    mear
    intemmidate
    intemmedation
    dellusion
    incedent
    absoloute