Too much spiritual food? Too much faith?

by ianao 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ianao
    ianao

Hello all.

This is a quote from an earlier conversation in the 1975 thread.

Are you saying that the garden was weeded from those who put TOO MUCH faith in "God's spirit-directed organization"? Did these people listen to TOO MUCH of their "food at the proper time"?

Unfortunately, I never received a response from Smartgirlpw, only insults of "boo boos" and truth hurting.

I would like to know if you personally (yes, I am asking for your opinion here, your pearls, or two cents) believe that you should not take very seriously what is stated in the WT publications, and if so, or even if not, please explain.

This was my original question before I lashed out at you for claiming we were having a pitty party and you began to lash out at me, JAVA, Pathofthorns, trevor, etc. etc for ensuing comments.

Yes, we lashed back and forth, and we are licking our proverbial "wounds" now from the battle, however this question raised remains UNANSWERED.

If the others want to persue their respective questions, then so be it. I would sencerely like to hear your take on this issue. Will you please discuss this?

And by "it" I mean the questions above. I would like your input on this question. And YES, I know that you are under no obligation to answer my question, you do not have to remind me of that. If you do not wish to do so, I understand. No hard feelings.

Edited by - ianao on 22 January 2001 14:34:56

• Smartgirlpw
    Smartgirlpw

Edited by - Smartgirlpw on 23 January 2001 17:4:9

• trevor
    trevor

Hi Ianao,

The thing about 1975 was that those elders that kept their careers and nice homes while encouraging others to pioneer look back on it as a brief chapter in a long book. Peope like me and thousands of others who left school early and gave the best years of our lives see it as a big event. It hits you like that when you are a teenager.

I have moved on and done very well for myself in life. I am one of the lucky ones. In answer to your question - those that claim to be JWS should live up to their claims or leave. It is the dishonesty that is hard to swallow. Either they are being led by spirit appointed elders or - it is a hoax and any one who plans their life around the advice the WT gives is fool. They can't have it both ways.

trevor

• logical
    logical

Smartgirlpw

However, We are told in the bible that "all scripture is inspired of God and is beneficial for teaching,for reproving,for setting things sraight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equiped for every good work." Therefore, the FDS are only putting forth what Jehovah Himself sets out as His standard of worship.

So, why are they going back on their stand against blood?

See: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=1244&site=3

See also: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=548&site=3

Now, are they REALLY up to Jah's standard?

• Smartgirlpw
    Smartgirlpw

Edited by - Smartgirlpw on 23 January 2001 17:5:1

• ianao
    ianao

Ahh. Finally

No, I don't believe that Jehovah wants us to take the FDS' "utterances" with a grain of salt. However, We are told in the bible that "all scripture is inspired of God and is beneficial for teaching,for reproving,for setting things sraight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equiped for every good work." Therefore, the FDS are only putting forth what Jehovah Himself sets out as His standard of worship.

Ok. Now back to my original issue. If you believe that Jehovah does NOT want you to take the FDS "utterances" with a grain of salt, then why was it OK for witnesses to do so regarding the "expectations", of the time? Since you say it's Jehovah's will to pay attention to the FDS, why was it OK for them NOT to have the same expectations that the society did when the society dictated what was popular opinion? Why did they disobey Jehovah's wonderful "expectations" and encouragement to pioneer pioneer pioneer because '75 would be the end of this "system of things"?

(and sorry, "expectations" are what are prodominantly printed in the original literature as published at the time period. You can say "anticipations" all you like.)

And it is by our faith that we follow the admonitions that are encouraged and not demanded by the FDS class.

So does this mean that the people who did not "expect" the end of this "system of things" did NOT have much faith for NOT having the same expectations?

Can you see this double standard here?

On one side of the coin, you think Jehovah wants you to listen to the FDS, and NOT with a grain of salt. i.e. "pay attention".

On the other side, it was the fault of the people in 1975 for PAYING ATTENTION to the FDS, and the many many "expectations" and "encouragements" that were given to make way for the new system.

Guess where these "expectations" were printed? They were printed in the same publications that give you "new light" today. The same "new light" that allows SOME parts of blood to be used, but not all, even though Jesus said to continue abstaining from blood!

Take a look at the old literature yourself. And I am not talking about a WT CD-ROM or a WT binder of reprints. I am talking the ACTUAL DISTRIBUTED LITERATURE pre-1975. You will see something that may shock you, unless you are just in total denial. And that is from the HEART Smartgirlpw.

The structure is most likely out-of-date, and those who stumble anyone will sorely pay with the ultimate price...their lives.

Please explain this. Are you referring to the current WT structure?

• logical
    logical

I read your post. A few times. Ever heard of paragraphs? One of the things the WT have got right is writing in paragraphs.

Anyway, I may be wrong in my assumption now, making a fool of myself (as always), but here I go...

Are WT are changing their stand on blood, because the "Light is getting brighter"? If this is the case, then someones shining an artificial light towards them. The bible says "Keep ABSTAINING from blood", the Bible is clear on blood. DO NOT USE IT!

The "light getting brighter" is also scripturally based and we know that new things will come to light through our study of the bible, just as new light comes to us in many ways in the world around us...the more you study something, the more clear it becomes, the more you know what you are talking about

I have to agree with that comment. There is some very interesting "light" shed on so many issues, try reading the threads by MDS and BitterTruth (saves me repeating it all on here). They are mainly in the Bible Research forum, and theres a very interesting thread called "commentary" (started by sevenofnine) on the main forum.

Theres a VERY interesting piece too, that hasnt yet been discussed on this forum (As far as I know - if it has been then ignore this paragraph). A piece that totally and utterly proves the date of 1914 WRONG, using nothing but the Bible.

Anyway, this "light getting brighter" is a cop out. Yes, it is scriptural, and yes, it can be applied in certain circumstances. This has been covered so many times on this forum.

Quick recap: New light should harmonise with Old light, not contradict it. New light is mainly (not always) used by WTS to COVER UP mistakes, it rarely admits them (such as 1975!).

Go, read the posts by MDS and BT - learn. Learn TRUTH.

May Jehovah guide you into His truth.

• thinker
    thinker

Smartgirlpw,

He is using the appointed organization from which we all

What makes you call the WTS Jehovah's appointed org? Is it blind faith or factual research?

No, I don't believe that Jehovah wants us to take the FDS' "utterances" with a grain of salt.

Perhaps you should. You say more study enlightens, so try this read the FDS part of Matt. IN CONTEXT. Read in particular 24:36,24:42,24:44, and 25:13. These all say the same thing -No one will know. In that context the FDS is a parable, a story, not a prediction of any person or organization.

thinker

• tfs
    tfs

Hi Logical:

Theres a VERY interesting piece too, that hasnt yet been discussed on this forum (As far as I know - if it has been then ignore this paragraph). A piece that totally and utterly proves the date of 1914 WRONG, using nothing but the Bible.

Care to elaborate?

tfs

• logical
    logical

tfs:

Most of the points have already been discussed elsewhere on this forum. Try the Bible Research board.

I will start a new thread soon, I have to go to sleep now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit