I've just been disfellowshipped!

by maksutov 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• maksutov
    maksutov
    Thanks. Naturally I don't give a toss about being chucked out per se, and in a way it will clear the air to find out where my rellies stand. They have not said anything yet - they need 'time to think' apparently (I'm guessing that means trying to find a loophole in the shunning rules).
  • Half banana
    Half banana

All the best with your family Mak (and by the way, very well done on the book!). Do make sure wifey and daughter can understand that your motive is honest and truthful.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I am sorry for the mental stress you are going through, mak. No religion should have the right or the control to tear families apart.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good for you for speaking out, too bad you may lose family because of it. I think people like you are making it harder and harder for the organization to enforce shunning. Unlike those who might have been disfellowshipped in the past, you know you haven't done anything wrong and you refuse to slink off with your tail between your legs.

I think lot of JWs know it's ridiculous to shun someone for simply leaving a religion, so it's going to be harder and harder to enforce shunning, especially in families. This will make it harder to keep people in ignorance of the Watchtower's many lies and false predictions.

The bible verses used to defend the Watchtower's harsh shunning practices only says to quit mixing in company with anyone "called a brother" who does immoral things. You are not calling yourself a brother, nor are you immoral, so why do they need to shun you? There were disagreements in the early Christian congregations, so what is the justification for shunning someone over a difference in interpretation of the scriptures? This practice is not biblically based but is simply designed to protect the Watchtower.

• fiddler
    fiddler
    Well Mak, they obviously didn't READ your book. They'd be here with us if they had because you presented things in a very factual way with plenty of references. It's a cowardly and bullying religion. So sorry Maksutov.
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I have not been disfellowshipped, for the mere reason that I have decided to withdraw myself from the Jehovah witnesses' organization. But the result is the same : Being shunned even by some family members. But above all : Such a nice and deep feeling of regained liberty after many decades trapped in this cult 100 % made in USA.

So nice to be able to see things and people now as they really are, and no longer through WT glasses as before.

• mana11
    mana11
    congrats!
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

You are braver than me many times over. Things will get better, of that I am sure.

SL

• maksutov
    maksutov
    Thank you for all the kind words.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Makky !

Isn't it typical of Jehovah's Witness cowardice and hypocrisy that no one has addressed the points you make in your book, they simply DF you ?

If they really felt they had the "truth" they would simply show you the error of your ways. As it is, they just want to stop you pointing out the things in your book to active JW's, as they know full well that they would lose more members who donate £££s or $$$s.

They really are pathetic.

I hope that your Rellies take the route that mine did, although I was actually not DF'd in the end, when it looked to be likely, the most UBER JW amongst my family said "I do not do shunning".

It took my breath away, because I have never met a more convinced and truly believing JW, but that was what she said. Of course, as Matriarch the rest of the family would not have "done" shunning either.

Well done again, and all the best for a wonderful future !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit