What if we could bring down the WBTS?

by derangedjdub 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The borg has enough money to last another hundred years.

Massive class action suits in every country they are in may stir up public awareness, but the Catholic Church has managed to survive that happening.

People waking up and leaving may just cause them to morph into something else ( which BTW they are already in the process of doing) but there will always be more suckers to suck in.

Let's face it cut one head off this beast and another one will grow in its place.

• the comet
    the comet
    Just to echo most of the other comments on this thread..it can't ever be totally brought down. It's a business with free labor and zero taxes. The business model they had for many years, publishing company, stopped being viable. Even though they were/are slow to realize this, they have morphed into a real estate company. It seems to me they have amassed enough real estate holdings to keep them going for many decades. The notion of some doctrinal change/shift will cause people to leave is wrong imo. Yes a few will leave, but for the most part, the people who contribute money, the U.S. Western Europe etc. doctrine doesn't matter to them as a whole. I beat the "no one cares about doctrine" drum often, because in urban liberal areas it's the truth, 85% don't know and don't really care.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yes I agree that they have still got enough money to out live me. I believe if it is to survive it's focus has to be more internal e.g retaining it's youth and taking better care of its existing members. There is a lot they could do for its youth in the way of youth programs where the not only learn about God but it's also a fun place to be. It just amazes me really at an organisation that would much rather take abuse knocking on doors, and yet will do relatively nothing to retain it's current membership.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will speak in generalizations, so please understand that I get that many delicate situations will exist.

Any Branch Davidians left out there are nearly insignificant in comparison to the group they were. Any hardcore JW's that would find another JW group or even start such a group would be minor in comparison to the millions in the Watchtower now, were the organization to go away. Yes, we would have to have suicide watches and offer much help to "spiritually lost" members.

But it would all be worth it. The damage ending for children is worth quite a bit of trouble for adults that suddenly find themselves without "the truth."

I would hope that the problem is a huge scandal over money and upper echelon JW's scramble to steal the money and run away to third world countries.

• John Aquila
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    John Aquilla a very good reference. LOL
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What would be your plan or ideal reason the walls came crashing down?

They seem to be doing a pretty good job all on their own.

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The demise of the Watchtower real estate corporation will not impact my life.

I got my own stinkin problems.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

When the walls of Jericho come down again, it won’t sound as funny since all organized religion will go the way of the dodo. That’s right, government will close down your church to. After that, what will you do once government starts telling you how to eat, drink, socialize, and think, etc. oh wait, its already happening, or maybe government will leave you alone because they don’t have the ability to secure your safety, health and welfare and leave you to find for yourselves against all human predators and the elements, darn that’s happening too.

That you can no longer have anything to do with religion, oh wait, that’s happening in Russia and the Baltic states right now. Extremism, oh wait, that’s already happening in the Middle East. Science: oh wait, the rate of knowledge is accelerating at a high rate of speed to dispel creation by atheism, and evolutionist, and the people at the top don’t give a hoot and a holler if you exist as long as their getting millions upon millions to tell you what you want to hear and everyone at the top will be in a better position to take care of themselves and their families, while not giving a second thought about yours. Government: oh wait, that’s already happening with the gay and lesbian issue.

Yes what will we do?

• Village Idiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit