What if we could bring down the WBTS?

by derangedjdub 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• derangedjdub
    derangedjdub
    What would be your plan or ideal reason the walls came crashing down?
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Just forget about it.

Get out. Live your life.

Its great outside the walls of the asylum.

• sir82
    sir82

Be careful what you wish for.

Millions of loyal adherents would be devastated. There would be thousands of suicides, and the survivors would almost certainly glom onto other, possibly far more damaging, cults.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Branch davidians still exist today. There are very few of them, but they are still waiting on the promise
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

My filmily members (JW) couldn't take it. They would go nuts.

They would still shun me because they would still blame me

for the fall of WBTS.LOL

• TheListener
    TheListener

If I was smart enough I would try to get my wife involved in a non-denominational church as the WTS fell. That may keep her from getting involved in an off shoot of the WTS that is even more controlling.

I really think that some people feel that the more controlling and restrictive a religion is the more right it is and the more righteous they are.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Do you know why I hope they never are brought down? Because so long as the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, Inc. exists, my family might wake up someday.

If the corporation is ever "brought down," the confirmation bias will kick in and doctrine will be twisted and they'll believe they're in the Great Tribulation and become even more hardcore.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    no need to try to bring down the cult--they are doing it themselves.
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Money problems as a result of lawsuits and diminishing contributions due to stagnating incomes of uneducated young families. The GB being subpoenaed and shamed in front of the Supreme Court. They have already prophesied they're own condemnation and the snowball is already rolling, lets get some hot chocolate and enjoy the show watching it get bigger as it rolls along until it crashes right into the Bethel! Maybe the various Governing Body members will turn on each other starting their own ministries in all the chaos. Stick around and enjoy the show. But until that happens can somebody autotune Tony Morris and Lett so the crowd can stay entertained?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What if we could bring down the WBTS?

.................Image result for when pigs fly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit