Has Anyone Invited You to the Memorial?

by Prisca 54 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

The Memorial always lands on a full moon, and, if it's not raining, I always go mountain biking at night on full moon nights. It sure beats the piss wine and toe nail crackers they'll be serving to the living dead in attendance.

• Prisca
    Prisca

ok, one week to go and still no invite. Maybe they don't want me there....

Anyone else been invited? Not invited? Got any stories about being invited?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, one week to go and I've received two invitations! Ain't that nice?

One was delivered by a local elder who made a visit to especially invite Mrs Ozzie and I. The other was from a family member.

So we're not forgotten.

Just a closing thought tonite, why is it held "once a year"? No really, why not "as often as you gather together"? Just a thought to think on as you go to sleep.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

lauralisa:
    If you really want to go it's after sundown on March 28th (next Thursday) at a KH near you!!!
    LOL

• LDH
    LDH

No, I've not been invited. I wouldn't go anyway; I'm going to be celebrating a family member's birthday on that day, LOL!

How's that for pagan?

Lisa

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I'm well and truely shocked that my parents didn't 'remind' me it was coming up ... this will be the first year I haven't (yet) gotten a call to ask me to go. ?? Maybe they realize it's not going to happen?

• Introspection
    Introspection

They just came yesterday, and although I wasn't surprised it would indicate that I'm not being shunned completely yet. This is good as far as I'm concerned, because I would welcome any dialogue they may want to start. But of course, as it is most dubs are not up to it and it certainly didn't seem like these two ladies were, although one did note that I looked happy - so I guess that was a "good witness." I don't think I should push so that I'm not completely shunned, and I figure if they're really ready they may take the initiative.

"Who can face the knowledge that the truth is not the truth?" -Rush, Distant Early Warning

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I got my first invite. I must say I was surprised. I almost wish I didn't get the call now all it did was make me depressed. The person who invited me was someone I always had a lot of respect for and liked a lot. Getting a phone call from her was always a treat because she was always so up-beat. The conversation this time was rather formal. Like a civic duty. It still hurts.

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx

This one most definitely Happy
  • meat pie
    meat pie

NO I still haven't had an invite, though I have spoken to 2 'sisters' lately and had two phone messages. I definately would not want to go now.
    OZZIE, I think you have some very interesting things to say on the subject. I have worried about rejecting Christ's blood.

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

I have a confession to make.

I am conducting the memorial talk on Thursday.

Up to about a year ago, I would hve been very excited

one year on, I feel sick at the prospect, I feel so two faced, one moment I really get into the outline and think of all the encouraging spiritual words I can use to make the talk special for my fellow Brothers and Sisters.

Then the UN and Blood and other issues which 99.9999% of ordinary dubs aren't aware of come spilling into my mind.
    I realise now why Rays book was called C of C.

I just want to get Thursday out of the way now

Anyway penny for my thoughts.

Cheers

Jem from rainy old England

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit