I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

weird from our own particular perspective.

unlike the jws, not all catholics follow every single cstom and some are, well...someday i wanna see carnival in brazil

either way, there's a difference between weird and different and there's also i'd point out that many things aren't followed by all practitioners.

if that's the case, is it really a custom of ALL catholics? or a local thing?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

whoa now james woods...the batmobile is pretty freakin' bad ass

i'd wager the batmobile would beat the scuderia around monza

maybe not the f2004 with schumi at the wheel, but most of the others lol

• minimus
    minimus

Hades, of course it's one's own perspective or opinion as the thread title suggests.

I'm just not referring to the weirdness of santeria, I'm suggesting the whole mystic concept is weird to me and obviously some others.

I don't think YOU are a weirdo simply because you're Catholic....maybe other reasons, I dunno.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

hahaha have you SEEN my responses to the three stooges?

i've been bashing catholicism left and right for the better part of the past few days. eventally i'll explain it. it's kinda worn me out to be honest.

i'm most decidedly NOT religious in faaaaact...

think i'm becoming an atheist

lolz.

if i'm honest, there are some things that make me leery, but i'd say that about every religion. there's some good and bad that can be had with 'em all.

as long as there's no physical harm (like killing innocent kids by refusing to let them have blood transfusions) or no mental harm (like...well...telling that child everyone he loves is gonna be gone in armageddon and that he should spend his youth preaching instead of going to college like he wants to, or play sports or have fun with the other kids) then it's whatever

do you know WHY i wanna go check out carnival in brazil? or any carribean country for that matter...hahahaha

• Orthodox1
    Orthodox1

rbih,

if i'm honest, there are some things that make me leery, but i'd say that about every religion. there's some good and bad that can be had with 'em all.
    as long as there's no physical harm (like killing innocent kids by refusing to let them have blood transfusions) or no mental harm (like...well...telling that child everyone he loves is gonna be gone in armageddon and that he should spend his youth preaching instead of going to college like he wants to, or play sports or have fun with the other kids) then it's whatever

.. Just wanted to finally agree with you about some things

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

YOU are a damned liar. NOTHING you have said even REMOTELY agrees with what i said

YOU:

ou see things very differently than history does... I see the Catholic Church, over hundreds of years, slowly assuming all of the Roman Pagan world into herself, destroying the Pagan world as it was known, that stood for a thousand years as oppressors. The evil Romans weren't then Evil Roman Catholics, but were converted through the love and prayers of the martyrs and laity of the Church.

ISIDORE:

Agnostics are just cowards that won't commit to anything.

APOSTATEBLUNDER:

Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.
    Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other.

don't you DARE claim to think that all religions are fine. YOUR ENTIRE PURPOSE COMING HERE WAS TO CONVERT.

i find you and your stooge friends to be contemptable and as far from christian as can be.

• Orthodox1
    Orthodox1

Wow, I come to meet you on some common ground and have been promoted from an asshole to a liar.

You assume to know me and my intentions, which is amazing. I can't say that I know much about you except for what you post here. If I judged you solely on what you post, I would come to a conclusion that I don't want to put here because I don't want to pretend that I know you.

Since you think you know me, let me give you some actual info about myself:

1) I think all people, from all walks of life and religions, have the same chances as I do to attain to the heaven I believe in.

2) I do not judge anyone; only our Blessed Lord can do so, and I would be a hypocrite to judge anyone since I am far from perfect (this you call fake humility, but you will say what you will say).

3) I do desire dialogue and debate over differences because I think we all have something to gain from one-another.

4) I am not a ninja. From the outset, I have let everyone know that I am Catholic. Why wouldn't I? Do you dare say that you are not biased and have to presuppositions coming onto these forums? You sound rather defensive about your own positions.

5) I truly do not hate, dislike, or want to ridicule anyone not like me. I don't think anyone are assholes or liars because they think a different way than me. I actually am very happy to live in a world where we are so different. Yes, I would love everyone to be Catholic, but I love everyone even though not everyone is Catholic. I know our Blessed Lord loves all, not just those who call themselves "Catholic", "Baptist", "Lutheran", "Muslim", "Jewish", etc., etc.

Basically, it comes down to this: I have two little ones. There is nothing that would cause me to not love them. Why in the world would anyone think God could hate any one of his creation? Certainly, one of my little ones could grow up, hate me, and never speak to me again, which is every person's free will to do with God as well. I am of the belief, in line with my Catholic faith, that it is not how one worships or the many things one does, but it is their love for God and their neighbor that will be rewarded. I believe the Catholic faith is the fullness of this love, but those who don't have it aren't somehow lesser beings.

Try harder rbih. You are far from being hated by me. In fact, the more you lash out at me and others, the more I feel for you and wish you well.

• dgp
    dgp

MP:

Its funny how Catholics talk about Jesus and Christianity but they dont realise the RC is not christian and it existed before Jesus. At no stage does the RC church ever use Christian in any of their official publications or institutions.

The first sentence is an opinion and I am sure a billion people would disagree with you. One of the few things I learned about the Watchtower before coming to this site was that "Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT Christian". That was said by a man who pointed out that JW's don't believe Jesus is God. He said that you had to believe in Jesus as God to properly call yourself a Christian. It seems to me he had a point. But I am saying this only to underline that this first statement of yours is open to debate.

The second sentence is simply not true. Let us just say that Catholics use the word "Christian" a hell of a lot less than others. From the Catholic perspective, protestants are "also" Christians.

• dgp
    dgp

Oh, and Santería is not Catholic. Catholics and Santeros would tell you just that. Santería was the way for the old African religion to survive, giving Christian names to African deities.

In other regions there was also a mix of beliefs. None is more succesful than the Virgin of Guadalupe, known to many as "Tonantzin", the old Aztec goddess.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

you are FAR from any sort of common ground from me and yor fake hmility is just that FAKE.

and transparent.

the simple fact that you claim to sit around praying for people who neither ask, nor WANT it is disgusting. there's no humility in that.

nor is there any in this:

You see things very differently than history does... I see the Catholic Church, over hundreds of years, slowly assuming all of the Roman Pagan world into herself, destroying the Pagan world as it was known, that stood for a thousand years as oppressors. The evil Romans weren't then Evil Roman Catholics, but were converted through the love and prayers of the martyrs and laity of the Church.

and this:

Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, be merciful, love your neighbor and your enemy, confess your sins to one-another, eat my flesh and drink my blood, baptize all nations in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, "this is your mother" referring to Mary who says "all generations shall call me blessed", participate in the communion of saints, institution of the office of Peter as the head of the Church on earth....
    YEP, SOUNDS LIKE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TO ME!
    ...anxiously awaiting the hate now...

humility my ass. don't play dumb with me. don't assume we're all too stupid to see your transparent bullshit. frankly i don't give a damn WHAT you or those other stooges think of me. you can chose to say it or not. it wouldn't matter to me one iota.

1) I think all people, from all walks of life and religions, have the same chances as I do to attain to the heaven I believe in.

if you REALLY believed that, then why convert people? better yet, why try to do so in such a sneaky manner? and yes it was sneaky as all hell and you know it. you start off by asking a question that SOUNDED genuine, people even RESPONDED to that original question.

then you pull this stunt:

Christ's Instructions:
    Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, be merciful, love your neighbor and your enemy, confess your sins to one-another, eat my flesh and drink my blood, baptize all nations in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, "this is your mother" referring to Mary who says "all generations shall call me blessed", participate in the communion of saints, institution of the office of Peter as the head of the Church on earth....

you got called out. not just by me, and deservedly so.

2) I do not judge anyone; only our Blessed Lord can do so, and I would be a hypocrite to judge anyone since I am far from perfect (this you call fake humility, but you will say what you will say).

this is humble in your world??? i sure hate to see what haughty is.

You see things very differently than history does... I see the Catholic Church, over hundreds of years, slowly assuming all of the Roman Pagan world into herself, destroying the Pagan world as it was known, that stood for a thousand years as oppressors. The evil Romans weren't then Evil Roman Catholics, but were converted through the love and prayers of the martyrs and laity of the Church.

verrrrrrrrrrry nonjdgemental i must say. </sarcasm>

3) I do desire dialogue and debate over differences because I think we all have something to gain from one-another.

don't act like you wanted a debate. quit lying to yourself and to me. it's insulting that you would think so lowly of my intelligence that i couldn't see past the pathetic attempt to "prove some point". the very nature of your posts indicate you believe the catholic church is THE ONE CHURCH WITH THE AUTHORITY FROM GOD. frankly, i have NOTHING to gain from you or your stooge friends.

4) I am not a ninja. From the outset, I have let everyone know that I am Catholic. Why wouldn't I? Do you dare say that you are not biased and have to presuppositions coming onto these forums? You sound rather defensive about your own positions.

from the outset my ass. you start off by asking an innocent question, you get innocent responses except from isidore. you and isidore play off each for a couple posts, you literally made the original post and ONE OTHER POST BEFORE THIS:

you NEVER wanted a damn debate. you weren't looking to gain any knowledge whatsoever. you were only looking to prove some nensensical point.

and you were looking to validate it by way of "persecution"

5) I truly do not hate, dislike, or want to ridicule anyone not like me. I don't think anyone are assholes or liars because they think a different way than me. I actually am very happy to live in a world where we are so different. Yes, I would love everyone to be Catholic, but I love everyone even though not everyone is Catholic. I know our Blessed Lord loves all, not just those who call themselves "Catholic", "Baptist", "Lutheran", "Muslim", "Jewish", etc., etc.

I see the Catholic Church, over hundreds of years, slowly assuming all of the Roman Pagan world into herself, destroying the Pagan world as it was known, that stood for a thousand years as oppressors.

say what? get real. yo have an agenda and you sure as hell don't believe that it's okay for others to believe something different than you. the VERY NATURE OF CONVERSION makes this the case. if everyone can believe whatever the hell they want, then you wouldn't be converting anyone.

I am of the belief, in line with my Catholic faith, that it is not how one worships or the many things one does, but it is their love for God and their neighbor that will be rewarded. I believe the Catholic faith is the fullness of this love, but those who don't have it aren't somehow lesser beings.

see the above posts.

Try harder rbih. You are far from being hated by me. In fact, the more you lash out at me and others, the more I feel for you and wish you well.

don't presume to think i need your prayers, nor do i need your false humility. i'm not interested in your blessings and i don't give a damn about your religion.

it's your attitude, lies, insulting nature and your false hmility that disgusts me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit