On the News last nite....Muslim madness

by VioletAnai 20 Replies latest jw friends

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO
    Excuse me....Australia is a western country, therefore predominantly Christian...majority rules sweetheart.

thats why most churchs are empty these days huh....and hardly anyone has read the bible. Yeah, real christian...

we just have a christian past. But it's good we have thrown that off to a large degree, else we'd still be living in the dark ages.

western doesn't = christian sweetie

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

CARMEL: YOUR QUOTE: "Guess who taught the Muslims to be blood thirsty? That's right, the Crusuaders! Guess what religion they belong to? That's right! You got it!"

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR FACTS? THE MUSLIMS DURING THE 12 CENTURY DIDN'T HAVE TO BE TAUGHT BY THE CRUSADERS, THEY JUST FOLLOWED THEIR SCRIPTURES...YOU'RE EITHER MUSLIM OR AN INFIDEL, AN ENEMY OF ALLAH. IF YOU'RE AN INFIDEL, YOU ARE TO BE PUT UNDER SUBJEGATION (SLAVERY OR 2ND CLASS CITIZEN OR DEATH, IF YOU DON'T COOPERATE). THE CRUSADERS WEREN'T SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS, BUT THEY HAD A LOT TO LEARN FROM THE 12TH CENTURY MUSLIMS WITH REGARDS TO BEING BLOOD THIRSTY.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

GWEEDO: Your quote: "thats why most churchs are empty these days huh....and hardly anyone has read the bible. Yeah, real christian..."

YOUR PROBABLY TALKIING ABOUT THE EMPTY CHURCHES WHERE YOU'RE AT (THE CONGO)... I WOULDN'T GO TO CHURCH THERE EITHER FOR FEAR THAT A CIVIL WAR WOULD BREAK OUT.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Metatron, you're one of the posters here that I usually find myself agreeing with. In fact, last week when my husband complained of the way the houses are slapped up so close to each other "nowadays" I mentioned city living in the Bible era. He thought we have it pretty good after that!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

GWEEDO:

Re your comment: "thats why most churchs are empty these days huh....and hardly anyone has read the bible. Yeah, real christian..."

I don't think that's accurate. Ever been to a Catholic Church on a mid-day Sunday Mass? Or how about a Lutheran? Or how about Calvary Chapel.

As far as "hardly anyone has read the bible" is that just your opinion or do you actually have supporting evidence to your comment?

• Farkel
    Farkel

The only differences between a fanatic Muslim and a fanatic JW is the fanatic Muslim can have more than one wife, claims Allah for his God and Mohammed as his prophet.

Oh, and the Muslim wears a rag on his head. Of course, JW women have to wear rags on their heads too, when there's no hat around.

Farkel

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

bluesapphire

I don't think that's accurate. Ever been to a Catholic Church on a mid-day Sunday Mass? Or how about a Lutheran? Or how about Calvary Chapel.
    well...maybe there are a few packed churchs around. My point is that Australia is hardly a christian society. The vast majority of people here would rather go shopping on sunday than go to church. And a lot of those that do go to church do it out of habit...and couldn't careless about the fundamental tenets of the christian faith. We are hardly a christian society here anymore...
  • VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Yes, but if you ask a person what religion they are here, they'll say I was raised a catholic or I'm born again, but I don't practice. Face it, we are a religious society....it's just that religion these days doesn't fulfill our needs.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

VioletAnai

Yes, but if you ask a person what religion they are here, they'll say I was raised a catholic or I'm born again, but I don't practice. Face it, we are a religious society....it's just that religion these days doesn't fulfill our needs.
    Yeah, I know what people will say...or what they'll put on, say, the census form. My whole family put Uniting church in the last census...but so what!...none of them are Christian. I know heaps of people who say they are catholic...but they aint Christian, never read the bible, dont pray, dont believe, it's as simple as that. It really doesn't mean much these days to say your a catholic or whatever...

We do have remnants of the christian faith in our society, but I wouldn't say that makes us a christian society...or a religious society. I think it'd be a big mistake to say that these days.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i find it hard to like anything about the muslim religion.... but! i have been trying to understand it..!

and there are some good things- at least, in some places and with some people.

and some teachings, practises, and sects more interesting than others, then others that are the pits. along with dogmatism & fanatacism that everyone here has seen firsthand!!!

but - somehow, islam manages - along with judaism and christianity to descend to the depths, more often than it ascends to the heights.

and for australia being a 'christian' country violetAnai?
    how do you define 'christian'?

is any country in the world 'christian' ?

maybe christian influenced.... but really 'christian' ?

let me ask you - consider the world today & the history of the world - can you consider that and still be proud to be 'christian' ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit