Secrets of Body Language - the most powerful way of understanding others

by Dogpatch 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Miles3
    Miles3

I'm half way through CCMC and I've got Releasing the Bonds at the ready ;)

I'm not doing that for myself. I was mentaly out a fraction of a second after I realised the Flood story didn't add up (though there was a slower preparatory work before I could ask myself the question), and I don't depend on anybody still inside the cult for anything. There was nothing left to be called familly long before I realised it was not the Truth, and I was taught early on never to depend on others. Not a healthy way to live, but helpful when trying to survive inside a cult.

I'm trying to help JW I know because that's the chance I wished somebody had offered mewhen I was in and still in good health. I'd like to do it the best way though, and while I'm already aware about the pointlesness of doctrine discussions, your approach is what I'd like to know more about. Neither you nor Steve Hassan have really described it in a howto way, and that would help me a lot.

I hadn't realised you were turning 80, in my mind you're still that young guy from the videos! I don't want to impose, I'm grateful for the help you've already provided me in understanding how to help other Witnesses.

Happy birthday to you (in advance)!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The body language YouTube is great. . . will watch the rest later. Thanks

• blondie
    blondie

The secrets of reading body language is the reason my siblings and I survived my abusive father. The kingdom hall was safer than being at home. Once I worked out the family abuse and the alcoholism, the abuse at the KH became clear. I can see where you can be pushed into a cult.

• poppers
    poppers

marked

• Farkel
    Farkel

I'd love to have you interview me in person, Randy. That would be a hoot for both of us until you called the men-in-white to strap me in a straight jacket and make me live in a room with mattresses on the walls and take thorazone for the rest of my natural life.

I just hope you are not dating Nurse Rached. She isn't a very nice person.

Farkel

• Glander
    Glander

I know that if I am in a confined space and someone leans over on one cheek, it is a good time to go for a break.

• Londo111
    Londo111

For the last few months, for once a month, I've had a 'Bible' study with two active Witnesses who are sort of related to me, I can't say anymore without being less anonymous. We do things like read a chapter of the Bible, review issues like 1975, or read from In Search of Christian Freedom.

The fact that they have not informed on me or even let me speak is amazing, but there does not seem to be much progress. The body language of one is very tense, and of course, I feel this person is often looking for a way out of the discussing these things. Verbally though, there is agreement in many of the things I saw. There is lip service to fading in their own time, in their own way. But actions and body language say something else.

This one denies mind control among Witnesses, but this person definitely is under the spell like many are…they just are in utter denial. Mind control is a tough thing to fight.

• life is to short
    life is to short

The body language was great. Thank you for posting it.

LITS

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL

I roasted myself!

I will be 60 in 6 days. I just sometimes feel like 80. Grace understands that. :-))

Miles, the closest thing to my experiences I wrote is in my Letters to the Editor books, four in all, from 1983 to 2006. I rarely get smail mail, just 200 legit emails a day. aaack!

And you wonder why I don't visit this board more often? :-))

Blondie gets it and wins. Go girl! You learned to survive.

Farkel, if I interview you all hell will break loose. (your hell, not mine)

Video or audio? Teamviewer is free and very good.

Remind me after John Hoyle helps me fix my site in the next few days. He is coming in on his hoss any moment now. He and our wonderful jwfacts.com guy (P.G.) are coming to spy on me tomorrow. I will have to frisk them for e-meters and Sparlock dolls first.

I just throw dung at nurse Ratchet. She's kinda kinky, you know. You have to find their soft spots. :-))

• LV101
    LV101

Randy you were smart to bail out of Bethel even though you were in love w/someone --- you were strong! Unfortunately, that's why my family member went back in --- aint that love just something! The brainwashing takes over along w/love of mate (the carrot) and seems hopeless one could ever be free (parental concern) especially when they're so responsible as human beings and loyal --- OMG! Would never want a good marriage to dissolve and know in this case my family member(s) was not raised in a toxic or disadvantaged environ but much the opposite. There's obviously some very good husband/wife material inside those miserable halls evidenced from many posters here.

I've started reading the "Combatting" book and info all sounds familiar and like Miles3 have the "Releasing" to tackle next.

Have to rely on their happiness in spite of my own personal hatred for the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit