No more eating children with the rod??

by paulmolark 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

So a friend of mine who is still in and knows I am disassociated sent me an email saying the following, "Hey, did you see the new article about disciplining your children????? There is not one single outright mention of beating your kids anymore. No mention of the r"rod of discipline"!

Even the scripture that says, " foolishness is tied up in the heart of a boy" is mentioned but the last part of it is gone that talks about the ROD. I find this rather strange. They also state that discipline does not involve abuse or cruelty.

I guess they are changing with the times,... or with the lawsuits. ROFL

I personally can not stomach reading the full article to verify, but if this is true I do find this somewhat interesting. If only they could have felt this way 30+ years ago when I was constantly getting the shit beat out of me. These current JW's have it easy

• DJS
    DJS

I prefer salt and pepper with a nice Chianti. Oh, you mean Beating children! Proverbs 23 is one of the reasons I'm an atheist: "Do not hold back discipline from the child, Although you strike him with the rod, he will not die. You shall strike him with the rod And rescue his soul from Sheol."

I never beat or hit my children.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No eating or beating children?? :)

Seriously, though ... they have already spent over a hundred years creating a culture that encourages and condones abuse. One little omission in one article changes nothing.

I really doubt the JW child beaters of the world will read that article and say ... well it doesn't say I can beat them anymore, so maybe I should stop.

• sir82
    sir82

He's probably referring to the April 2015 Awake.

The Awake magazine is designed mainly for public consumption. Of course they're not going to put "beat your child" information in there.

They'll leave that for troglodyte elders to bring out in their Sunday public talks.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    O dear god, I meant beating... yet the edit button won't let me edit the title :(
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Weird. I beat your kids all the time. ;)

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Weird. I beat your kids all the time. ;)

But do you eat them?

• DJS
    DJS

"Weird. I beat your kids all the time. ;)"

Thanks Viv. Somebody needs to. They're Brats. I wonder how THAT happened. No, Wild Thing, I haven't eaten them. Yet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No more eating children with the rod??

...............................................JWs Are No Longer the Barbarians They Once Were..

.........................................................CHILDREN ARE NOW EATEN WITH A FORK..

Image result for bUSINESSMAN EATING MEATImage result for piece of meat on  forkImage result for scared child

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Do you like children?"

"Yes, but only if they're well done."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit