You know you were a little girl of the 70's/80's

by closer2fine 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I thought this thread was gunna be about YouKnow being born as a girl and having a sex change.. hmm.

• Patriot
    Patriot

Oh snap!!!

Damn Lisa you done took me back!! The lemonheads!! Alexander the Grape!! There was a cherry version I forgot the name.

I used to love those things.

Now and laters!!

What about Dukes of Hazzard, Chips, Different strokes, Facts of life..even Harper valley PTA!

Wow great memories.

["]ummm...lemme guess. You're a New Yorican!

Ay.... Boriqua!["]
    ¿ Que pasa Mami?

Mav.-

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Safe4kids,

Remember when we were little and watched The Big Valley? And then, we would play make believe games that I was married to Nick and you were married to Heath?

And watching Charlie's Angels was something you were embarassed to admit...yet it was the only way to check out the hair styles and fashions of the moment.

And then this one time....at band camp...oops, sorry.
    Wrong decade.

think41self

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hungry,

Sorry bout that shock thing...believe me, it wasn't a happy experience for me either! But I removed the "evidence" heheheheh (ouch!)

Think,

Yeah, I only got to be married to Heath when your friends weren't around, otherwise I got stuck with ol' boring Jerod

Anyone remember One Day at a Time??! I loved that show...I wanted to be Barbara. It was considered pretty racy for the times, but we got to watch it anyhow (giggle, giggle)

Dana

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

I had to resurrect this thread. Such an accurate trip down memory lane for me . . . thought some of our newer readers would enjoy it as well. I'll add a few of my own:

• chinese shoes / mary janes
    • jellies (the plastic shoes that cost about $3.50)
    • dickies
    • Members Only jackets
    • Now-Or-Later candy
    • those long, narrow popsicles in plastic that you would get at the corner store for $0.10
    • wax bottles of sugar water
    • Holly Hobbie
    • Sunday's after the meeting with the Wonderful World of Disney and then Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew
    • Bee Gees
    • Charlies Angels and Star Wars trading cards (I still have mine)
    • Battleship
    • Perfection and Superperfection
    • Ski Jackets (with or without the zip off arms)
    • Nikes
    • Papermate erasable pens
    • Mead Trapper (what was that thing called . . . that notebook/folder/binder)
    • Hostess anything
    • Herby the Love Bug
    • Don Knotts/Tiim Conway movies
    • gauchos
    • Pant suits (for girls)
    • vests
    • Satin jackets
    • Rainbow suspenders (from Mork and Mindy)
    • Fur coats (fake of course)
    • Lip Smackers (lip gloss)
    • Calvin Klein, Jordache, Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans (all with the comb in the back pocket of course)
    • Hair, parted down the middle with the front twisted into a barrette on each side
    • French braiding

I think I could go on forever. Anyone else?

- CF

• morty
    morty
    You loved The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe so much you got the whole Chronicles of Narnia series for Christmas but never read the other books

Not if you were a JW...

I do remember the most of them though...God, I feel old

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

I agree!

- CF

• simplesally
    simplesally

OMG-------haven't thought about those rainbow shirts in forever!!!!!!!!

Yes to metal roller skates.

Oh Shaun Cassidy and Donny Osmond were it.......so was Keith Cassidy but I was like 10 then.

Anybody remember FIZZIES?

• simplesally
    simplesally

What about DITTO JEANS?

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Hi Sally,

What are Fizzies? No, can't say that I knew about Ditto jeans either.

- CF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit