Circuit Overseers Visit

by I quit! 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was hoping for a little more practical information. I thought they might be doing some damage control.

No need for damage control. JWs do not know what's going on in the world. I'd bet less than 1% [Edited to add: "of true JDubs"] are aware of the Conti abuse judgement and most of those will consider it unjust persecution against God's Organization. You probably only know of the Conti case and Sparlock fallout because you are HERE. Most JWs are not. Most JWs do not read the news -- the WT tells them how bad it is.

The COs talks will be Rah! Rah! you had an increase in hours at Starbucks, Rah! Rah! by supporting the Congo Elders and the F&DS you're supporting CJ & Jah, and see if you cannot do MORE time @ Starbucks because the world is ending sooner than you think, cause the GB says so [again].

There will def be some pointed "reminders" about shunning DFd relatives, and OBEYING the bOrg to gain everlasting life. Everyone will leave with that starry eyed "that was the BEST CO visit EVER!!" look in their eyes and the CO will rake in (at least) 100$$$$$$ via green handshakes and thank you cards.

Doc

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

I just went through a CO vist a little while ago. They have changed from what they used to be. Now they are much more milder and are a cheerleading session. He gives several "feel good" talks and one about dealing with persecution. A lot of commendation and "hang in there" stuff. The Ministry is emphasized, etc. If you can avoid him before and after the meeting you will be okay. If you go in service do it on Saturday morning where there will be a big turnout and he already has plans. He will leave you alone. His Wife will smile and chat with the Sisters. The Brothers who want to be appointed or want some special part on the CA, etc will get righ up front with the glad handing and the meals, etc so that kind of takes the pressure off the others.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"I'd bet less than 1% [Edited to add: "of true JDubs"] are aware of the Conti abuse judgement and most of those will consider it unjust persecution against God's Organization. "

Exactly. There is no damage control because the rank and file are unaware there is even damage.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The rank-and-file sheeple are unaware of everything. The C.O will be nice and sweet for awhile, because the GB are master manipulators. They know exactly when to say " i love you, and won't hit you again" and when do give you a fresh one. Even sheep will lay down and die if you beat them for too long. The key is the beating/soothing cycle. Off topic, here is a fun social experiment you can do. Go to a meeting, preferrably a sunday talk, and during the talk listen to " Sheep " by Pink Floyd over and over, and just look at the sheeple. I am getting goosebumps!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit