tubal ligations

by crittersitter 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

hello all...been lurking between puppy grooms...just had to post this one!

my daughter and x-hubby (inactive jw for many years) went to dinner the other night at grannies( hard nosed jw) and was told that the wtbs says that jw's can no longer have tubal ligations. the reasoning was it interferes with the "natural order" of things. the only reason to have one is due to mental or physical health.

has any one heard this up date? the info came thru a special talk. i think they have ruled on this to increase the numbers of mag pushers.
    what a bunch of whackos..how "catholic" of them to take away birth control( other methods will be ruled on too i'll bet!!)

would love to hear you comments
    critter

• chezza
    chezza

hi, i had my tubes done in 1992 and at that time my husband (ex now) was a ministerial servant and the elders told us that if he got a vasectomy done he could lose his privliges, so i had my tubes done instead, i did get a few comments from some sisters but i felt then and i do now that it is no different from taking the pill its jsut more permament.

• mommy
    mommy

Hey
    I have no idea on the org's stand on this just wanted to give ya a ((((hug)))) have been missing you around here BTW they aren't so permanent I know of 2 people who had one and still ended up preggers. Where there is a will there is a way. IMO the best form of BC is Depo shots they can shrivel an ovary up like a prune
    wendy

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

hi mommy...i like your little card ..

when i was talking to my daughter about this topic and what happened at the dinner, she made the comment that the jw's have sex for pro-creation, not pleasure. this suprised me, as i truly do not remember this. funny, she's 19 and has some pretty clear views and very strong opinions about the jw cult.

when i raised my kids, i was pretty much inactive and was on my "fade-out" program at the time. i allowed a few to "study" with the kids.They tell me now they hated it. I did too as a kid.

sorry kids!!

once again the wtbs interferes in the sexlives of its members. are we suprised at all??

• chezza
    chezza

Next thing the wtbts will be saying is you can only have sex for procreation

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had my tubes tied in 1978. At that time we were told that unless there were clear medical reasons for the surgery there would be sanctions. At the time my husband was a MS in the congregation. There was a good possibility that he would lose his privileges. We had sound medical reasons. I had to have another surgery at the same time and the doctors would not do it unless I had the tubal. And it was pretty clear I would never carry another child to term. We considered a vasectomy for him but since the physical problem was mine chose to have the tubal done at the same time as the other surgery.

But unless the policy was another of those ever-shifting new lights then tubal ligations have always been a form of birth control not condoned by the org or at least since the mid 70s

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• Makena1
    Makena1

Tubal ligations......hmmmmmmm
    have you read Diane Wilson's new book, The awakening of a jehovah's witness?

Enjoyed the book - finally gave me some incite besides my wife's into how women are treated and made to feel in the borg. Well written.

Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Scully
    Scully

When i had my TL in 93, WTS policy was that birth control was a "conscience matter". There were several people in our congregation who also had either tubals or vasectomies once they were sure their baby making days were over for them (although one of them stopped at kid #9).

Quite frankly, as a RN, I would still counsel a JW patient that sterilization is a good option, and really nobody's business but the patient's. If they're fudging up their field service reports and think that Jehovah doesn't really give a rat's ass about it, what the hell is the difference when it comes to birth control?

If an elder ever had the audacity to ask me whether I had a tubal ligation or not, I'd tell him that he'd have to tell me whether or not he was circumcised first. End of discussion.

Love, Scully

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Sorry ya'll.. When I first looked at the topic I thought it said tubal litagations.... Long day at work.

Anyhoo... I think that that is still a no,no for a birth control method.

• mommy
    mommy

Most R&F can't even keep up with all the rules that are in place and sadly in cases such as the blood policy they leave it up to the elders to decide for them. Man living forever on earth must be a grand prize to give up all ability to think on your own[8>]

LOL this brought up a funny memory though. Months ago my sister and I were discussing a variety of topics, religion being one of them. I mentioned that she was a christian, and she was adamant she was not a christian because she doesn't follow Christ, she follows Jehovah. Remember when we were taught that? I had to mention that the WTBTS is now named the Christian Congregation of JW's. Ha even she was not aware of the name change...so sad really, not too funny if you think about it.
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit