Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Lady Lee says: 'A few years ago a JW was accused of sexual abuse. He was arrested and it hit the papers. The JW response? They simply moved him to another hall.'

Lady Lee is absolutely right! I've seen it handled that way myself on more than one occasion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I only ever had contact with a few local congregations, of course my assumptions are based on that experience.
    Im assuming you are the same, but yet you make assumptions against an entire worldwide organization....Fleaman

You chastise Lady Lee for making "assumptions" about a Corrupt WBT$ Organization..

Which is so UnTrue..

With a 23,000+list of Child Molesters the WBT$ admits to..

A WBT$ "Child Molester Protection" Policy..

A laundry list of out of Court Settlements by the WBT$ for Child Molestation..

Plus..

A 28 Million Dollar Judgement against the WBT$ for Child Molestation..

And..

You assume the WBT$ follows the Law..

Your WatchTarded..

WatchTard the Clown..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

for those of you who still think the WTS is right then go ask yorself a question

What if they are wrong? What if you are wrong about them?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The experience of hundreds, likely thousands, of families with abused children, goes against your unfounded assumptions.

Barb Anderson, Bill Bowen and others that I am close to have the experience that the WT holds great influence over any who go to the elders.

That is who we are talking about, right? Those who are under the WT's influence, who in my opinion is the majority.

No, the majority are not victims, but thousands have been, and of those thousands, the majority have gone with the direction from the slave to talk to the elders about what is going on.

The elders do what they are told; they meet in groups of 3, right? So you think that one elder will sit there and go against what the slave says about the matter, that they will tell the parents to go straight to the police?

Do you think that the elders tell them, hey, we are not qualified to investigate this issue, and we are not unbiased, so GO to the police? Is that what you think will happen?

They don't. In the past their MO was what the WT told them; 'maybe you misunderstood what happened, was there 2 witnesses? No? Then you can't tell anyone it happened, that would be slander.'

Maybe you wouldn't now, but I bet you would have gone to the elders when you were a witness, that is what witnesses do. It is drummed into them at every single meeting: the slave, the slave, and the elders are an extension of the slave. You don't go to the world to settle issues, you go to the elders.

You are OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE on this, fleaman and JT.

Any group that hinders the reporting of child sexual abuse, like the JW's and the Catholic church, is by definition a pedophile paradise.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I know I said I was not going to address you any more JT on this thread and I probably will regret this as you response will be attacking me again but I know that you will check this thread as it is just in you to have to have the last word.

OK you told Lady that you were ( I am a survivor--not a victim--of childhood sexual abuse by a presiding overseer (I know that's the old term). That is why I was glad when this book came out and why I repeatedly reviewed this information with my daughters.)

How can that be? You would have been able to stop the abuse like the picture that you are defending. You of all people would have put your hand up and said NO to the presiding overseer. So I do not see how you could have ever been abused. Also I hate it when people use psycho-babble. "I am not a victim I am a survivor." Oh please. You had the power to stop the abuse very clearly by holding out your hand and say NO.

Also you said Lady Lee culled her answer to you picking and choosing what to address. Yet that is exactly what you did to me. You picked parts of my thread to twist it to fit what you thought I was meaning. How dare you accuse Lady Lee of it when she clearly answered you very straight forward. Only it was not what you wanted to hear so you came back at her over and over to try to get you view across.

When I said I was sorry I had even started the thread because of the way you have tried to hijack it you said (I'm sorry you started the thread too! I have particular disdain for people who state an opinion, ask others to comment on whether or not they agree, and then become angry when people tell them they do not agree and why. )

I am sorry I did not know you were a moderator on this board. Also I have a particular disdain for people who do not get the pain of being molested either. I admit that I do become angry when people defend a religion that has as in the case of my hall three child molesters that are hidden in secrecy and try to tell me there is no problem in the religion.

Also answer me I have asked it over and over but you just pick and choose what to address and try to twist my meaning. So again I am asking you to please answer me this.

How come the men who were molested by Jerry Sandusky when they were in the early teens and told him (Jerry) NO, how come Jerry still molested them? It is just truly mind boggling that the advice of the Faithful Salve did not work for them when it works so well for five year old children. I mean these were not five year olds they were teens. My stupid mind just cannot get it. Please help me to understand it. I am being very serious here, how come nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, etc year old children get molested when a five year old can fend off an attacker as is clearly shown in the picture that you are defending so strongly? Please answer this. I am begging of you to answer this.

You said this of Lady Lee (I must say, how you have handled yourself on this thread has caused me to lose a great amount of respect for you LL. Clearly, you lack the ability to have a reasoned discussion regarding child abuse.)

I have lost all respect for you JT, I truly used to think you were a nice person and I respected you, Not any more. I am shocked at how you have responded on this thread. Also have you noticed that ONLY you and fleaman are in agreement. No one else on this thread thinks like you two. Does that not tell you something? Look at how many have responded on this thread and only you and fleaman are trying to derail this and defend the WT. Hello that should tell you something.

My main title of this thread still stands ultimately it is the child who is supposed to stop the abuse as is clear from the picture on page on page 171. You say your daughter's school taught the same thing, so if your daughter went to the teacher and told that someone was touching her would three teachers take your daughter alone into a room and drill her about what happened and if anyone else was there to verify what she was saying was true before they called the police? You said the school was handing it the same as the book says, so that must be the case. Would the school then call in the person you daughter accused and ask if s/he did indeed molest you daughter. If the s/he said no would the school then tell you daughter there was nothing more they could do and it was up to her if she wanted to call the police but they truly did not want the school's name involved. Would the school before they did anything call their legal department first? If the school did call the police would they call from a pay phone and not from the school itself? My husband who was an elder for 32 years said that was the policy to always call from a pay phone and cell phones were totally forbidden.

I will end this again with the sad story of a child that did not say no. She was an elders daughter in fact who was molested at the age of five by a member of the congregation. She killed herself two years ago this month when she was 22 years old. She was the age of the little girl in the picture who is saying STOP! I know why she killed herself? Duh she did not say STOP like she was supposed to and she probably blamed herself. The loving elders should have DF'ed her for loose conduct at that age of five because after all the Faithful salve knows everything and they can never be wrong in any advice they give. Oh by the way the loving brother who molested her, he's still walking around freely interacting in secretly in the congregation. After all he said he was sorry.

I am not joking her aunt told me 'what is he supposed to do live his life as a child molester when he just made one mistake.' The aunt as been a pioneer for over 30 years.

Again you chose to put yourself on this thread and when people do not agree with you you attack them. Only one other person sees your view point that being fleaman that really should tell you something Justitia Themis

LITS

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

You are OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE on this, fleaman and JT.

A league created by a know nothing like you? Kindly go away.

• life is to short
    life is to short

It is kind of nice that you fleamen and JT keep posting on this thread. You hate the topic and do not believe what I have said, You in particular do not even believe that that is a pedophile problem in the religion at all yet between the two of you, you have kept this thread alive.

Thank you.

LITS

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

life is to short .....good thread. WT does not want to admit it ........but it has a crisis on its' hands involving child molesters in the org.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

What if they are wrong?

What if you are wrong about them?

..and vice versa?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    A league created by a know nothing like you? Kindly go away.

And what is your experience in this specific matter? I will be on this board long after you have left the board in embarrassment over your uninformed position on this.

This is the issue that made me leave the witnesses. When I heard about the issue in 2002, I assumed it was rogue elders; turns out the rogue elders are the ones who actually call the cops.

I spent hundreds of hours researching it, reading the accounts of Paul Berry in the NE US, the information Bill Bowen put up on SilentLambs, and viewing the Panorama program, Dateline, etc. Read the elder's books for yourself; the avenue for allowing child abusers to stay in the congregations is in black and white. It is the policy; they don't call the cops. If you cannot understand this, I wonder about your intelligence or your motives.

I called both Bill and Barb about it in 2002; I expected them to be foaming at the mouth apostates. They weren't. They were articulate and well informed, unlike YOU in this matter.

The case that hit national news in 2002, the lawsuit; that is someone very close to me. FYI, the perp in that case was finally prosecuted in MN; he pled guilty to 2nd degree criminal sexual misconduct in 2011.

He told the elders that he really didn't do it, that he took the plea to avoid the chance of being convicted of more severe charges. THE ELDERS BELIEVED HIM.

He did his time; he was NEVER df'd or disciplined over the incidents. By the way, the recent elder's book says that just because someone pleads guilty doesn't mean they are guilty. ("A guilty plea entered in court by a Christian as part of a plea bargain, perhaps on the advice of an attorney so as avoid the possibility a harsher sentence, would generally not in itself be viewed as admission of guilt in the congregation." Shepherd The Flock, 2010, page 71. The next paragraph says: "There must be two or three eyewitnesses,not just people repeating hearsay; no action can taken if there is only one witness.") Get it? NO ACTION.

Well, the body of elders in that congregation, the same body involved in the 2002 lawsuit, did just what the WT says to do, NOTHING. He moved to another congregation, NO announcement was made. A whole new congregation that does not know that Derek is a pedophile. Their system of dealing with pedophiles (clever, conniving, ala Jerry Sandusky) is so broken it defies understanding.

This perp was accused by over a dozen girls; same body of elders.

In this matter, you, fleaman, truly know nothing, and the more you say about it, the more you embarrass yourself.

P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit