So how will / should the Watchtower respond publicly when the news of their lawsuit loss hits the news?

by sir82 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Wha:

Silence and a note to cong not to deal directly with inquiries on the subject

Yup. I had a good friend on the local Blood Committee and that was their directive, too.

• sir82
    sir82
    I am skeptical as to it's newsworthiness

Really?

"Religion ordered to pay victim of child abuse $[7 / 17 / 27 / 50 / whatever] million" is not newsworthy when the Sandusky trial is reported on daily?

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

the timing for this cannot be better as the Sandusky trial is going on. i am actually excited, i really think this could be huge. can you imagine if the punitives are big enough to put a small huring on watchtower? that will be awesome. just to see them scurry to try to stop the bleeding.

• cedars
    cedars

Sparlock may have been thrown in a dumpster, but that's nothing compared to the humiliation of being fined millions for breaking the law.

Suddenly, it's the Society who are under pressure, and not their nemesis toy warrior wizard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzS_7jd2RA

Cedars

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Palmie, I have experiance personally in the legal dealings in the cong. It's amazing how fast God leaves the picture and legalisms become the focus of the conversation.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Palmie, I have experiance personally in the legal dealings in the cong. It's amazing how fast God leaves the picture and legalisms become the focus of the conversation.

Yup.

My friend on the Blood Committee used to tell stories.....I just didn't realize the significance until recently. Because I used to chalk it up to "God's Will"....now I see it's nothing more than just legal wrangling.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Even the elders in my cong were blown out of the water, but then again, if u are convinced that this is God's organization, it's easy to get blind sided by something taht anyone else would have seen easily

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Since this isn't a class action lawsuit but individual, $7million is ALOT of cash and it would be newsworthy!

If they don't appeal first. PR will do same song and dance as they've done in '07 that it was an odd individual, they are very sorry for the victim(s) and may add that few elders didn't follow proper protocol but all congregations are reminded to report any pedophiles incidences to the proper authorities....blah..blah..blah.. Most likely they will appeal and won't say anything until the appeal is heard.

JWs will agree that wts is imperfect but is trying hard to do best they can, and it's not their fault that there are some wolves in sheep's clothing within their midsts. Blind will continue on as before - mind you MAJORITY of jws will never hear of this like majority still don't have a clue about '07 settlements.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The elders in cong should also take note of the Murrietta case a few years ago. Clerical priviledge was invoked, and then denied by the judge who gave them an order to testify. Honestly I wouldn't want to be an elder nowadays. You are directly told to not obey the law, and then when Ceaser takes action, you are on your own.

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

Jesus was a freeloader. The WTBTS isnt any different. They'll chalk it up to persecution. "Move along, people. And DON'T forget to turn in more hours next month! Enjoy our DVD for little kids we just released at the convention while we pay out millions to a lawsuit involving the very group of kids we are appealing to." Sparlock's vid could really bring this whole thing down if big media can spin it right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit